Looking for an abandoned building to film in
sponsor
Posted by 9-0films (+462) 3 years ago
There is a national contest for the next Meth Project Commercial. We are so close to filming this, aside from the fact that I don't currently have a great location. I'm looking for a place that has an abandoned feel to it. If anybody knows a great spot in Miles City, and who to get a hold of to actually film there, please let me know! You can e-mail me at [email protected]
+1
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1724) 3 years ago
Sounds like a job for the Depot!
+2
sponsor
I wanted the depot. That was my first choice. However there is no chance of being able to film inside of it.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9730) 3 years ago
Yeah, I thought that might happen. Have you looked into the old rendering plant? I have no idea who owns it.
sponsor
Is that the ready mix place?
Posted by Tande (+126) 3 years ago
The Redimix is owned by Jeremy Pyle. The Rendering plant west of town is behind Singleton trucking. They may know who owns it.
sponsor
Thanks for the info. I will try to find out!
+1
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 3 years ago
There's a building on Main across from the city park that seems abandoned. There are always pigeons in the windows. Not sure who owns it.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1724) 3 years ago
How about any of the old buildings at Pine Hills?
+2
Posted by Brandy Allen (-2409) 3 years ago
The building beside pine hills has the abandoned feel. It is owned by Butch crutchfield. its pretty dusty, and has a lot of rooms.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2577) 3 years ago
I think some of the rooms in the VA building still have not been occupied.
Posted by truck (-198) 3 years ago
There is the depot North of RR tracks. I wish you luck on your filming,please keep in mind that Meth has no boundaries as far as a abandoned building goes. You could film in a upscale home and if meth has invaded that home you would get the same feeling as if you were in a abadoned building. I hope you include a shot at the high school, the hospital, the police station and unfortunately the mortuary.
sponsor
Thanks for the response Truck. You know it is interesting point about meth being in a nice home as well. Something I never really considered before and also something that is never portrayed in meth commercials.

However the tone and atmosphere that I am going for with this PSA would be contradictory to that type of setting.

I toured the old Ready Mix building yesterday. It will be perfect for one major scene in the PSA but i'm still on the lookout for another location so I will continue to check into the places that you guys have named. Thanks so much for the help!
+1
Posted by Jesse Smith (+412) 3 years ago
On a very related note, does anyone know who owns/manages the old radar base? Any chance anyone could ever get in there to do some photography? I'm guessing it's still government property, so I doubt it's possible, but does anyone know what agency?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14070) 3 years ago
The Montana Cadastral website seems to indicate the radar base land is owned by the United States Department of Agriculture and Jack Attig is the Administrative Officer. I would start by inquiring at the Fort Keogh office.
Thanks, David. I wasn't having any luck looking up the GPS coordinates or "miles city radar base".

[Edited by Jesse Smith (3/19/2016 3:29:46 PM)]
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1406) 3 years ago
Jesse, I sent you an email. Jack Attig has been gone from the Fort for many years.

Marshall
Delighted to get it Marshall! Thank you, very much!
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+376) 3 years ago
I have two abandoned old homes on the ranch, as well as a creepy barn. Shoot me a text at eight five three zero eight four zero and I'd be happy to show you around this week.
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9730) 3 years ago
The Montana Cadastral site was apparently set up and has never been maintained.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14070) 3 years ago
I think it would be up to the USDA/Fort Keogh to notify the State of Montana that Jack Attig is no longer the administrator.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1406) 3 years ago
Reply to David Schott (#365671)
David Schott wrote:
I think it would be up to the USDA/Fort Keogh to notify the State of Montana that Jack Attig is no longer the administrator.

When in doubt, one can always go to their web site.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/m...0-30-05-00

[Edited by MRH (3/20/2016 1:58:59 PM)]
+1