supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16820) 5 years ago
Since no one here has touched upon Justice Scalia's sudden death, and the Senate Republicans refusal to vet anyone that President Obama may nominate until after the November election, I thought I would offer my two cents worth.

I side with the Senate Republicans. President Trump is sure to nominate our first supermodel justice, and given the predominance of males in the Senate, she is sure to be confirmed (albeit after a long and difficult swimsuit and talent series of confirmation hearings).

What say you?
+7
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2003) 5 years ago
The Repubs refuse to deal with the appointment of a Supreme Court Justice while President Obama is in office. It seems like he is willing to submit a middle of the road already vested judge for the Senate's consideration.
If they wait until the next President is in office it could be over a year and a half until there is a full court which may set decisions way back. What the Repubs don't realize is that they may not win the Presidency and if they do it will probably be Trump. Trump is centralist and will do what he feels is best for the country not what the republican party wants him to do. Some say he is a wolf in sheeps clothing (demo in repub). With 2 other SCOTUS judges probably retiring in the next few years, Hilary or Trump would then appoint 3 judges. With or without the possibility of the Senate switching to the Dems it could mean the possibility of of a SCOTUS with a 7-2 liberal setting. My 3 cents worth.

[Edited by Tom Masa (2/25/2016 9:43:40 PM)]
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2779) 5 years ago
If given the chance I could see Trump trying to appoint Donald Jr. He'll appoint Ivanka to Secretary of State and willmake Erik his running mate. It'll be Youuuuuuge!
+3
Posted by Dark Beer (+259) 5 years ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#365188)
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
Since no one here has touched upon Justice Scalia's sudden death, and the Senate Republicans refusal to vet anyone that President Obama may nominate until after the November election, I thought I would offer my two cents worth.

I side with the Senate Republicans. President Trump is sure to nominate our first supermodel justice, and given the predominance of males in the Senate, she is sure to be confirmed (albeit after a long and difficult swimsuit and talent series of confirmation hearings).

What say you?

I think President Trump should pick Holly Holm (10+ MILF material, IMO) as the next SC Justice. Love to see her kick the S.H.I.T. out of Roberts and Thomas. In fact, all further decisions at the SCOTUS should be settled as UFC cage matches between opposing sides of the court. Mr. Beer has spoken.
+4
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2634) 5 years ago
Please call Senate Republicans to tell them to do their job.

Senator Steve Daines (202) 224-2651
+6
Posted by Oddjob (+188) 5 years ago
Reply to Kelly (#365198)
Kelly wrote:
Please call Senate Republicans to tell them to do their job.

Senator Steve Daines (202) 224-2651

Don't bother..

If you leave them alone, they will all roll on their own, for what ever Communist Obama pulls out of his hat.....
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11537) 5 years ago
You expect Daines to respond to a call from a constituent? Especially a constituent asking him to go against his party master? I wouldn't bother.

Oh, Oddy. The discussion is about the Senate not functioning. It's not about that dark-skinned fellow in the White House that scares you. It's about the Senators who are scared of the dark-skinned fellow in the White House.
+3