The stupid...it BURNS!
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 5 years ago
http://www.sltrib.com/hom...iven-bundy

Key quote:

Briana Bundy questioned why authorities waited almost two years to bring charges, and compared the arrests of Bundy family members and supporters in Oregon with Nazis taking opponents in Europe into custody during the Holocaust of World War II

"This time, they're rounding up the patriots instead of the Jews," Briana Bundy said.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

First they came for the deadbeat racist ranchers.

But I wasn't a deadbeat racist rancher, so I said nothing...

+6
Posted by Cottonwood Kid (-32) 5 years ago
I think the question of why it took so long is valid. If what Mr. Bundy did is so terrible he should have been arrested long ago. Waiting two years and then arresting him seems corigraphed for theater. It's an alarming precedent.
+3
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5096) 5 years ago
Statute of limitations, what does it mean?
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17494) 5 years ago
Reply to Cottonwood Kid (#364939)
Cottonwood Kid wrote:
I think the question of why it took so long is valid. If what Mr. Bundy did is so terrible he should have been arrested long ago. Waiting two years and then arresting him seems corigraphed for theater. It's an alarming precedent.

The government tried to arrest armed whackos in a timely fashion 20 some years ago, at Waco, Texas and Ruby Ridge, Idaho. As you know, these events ended in a blaze of glory, with lots of dead whackos. This in tun inspired more whackos to take up the whacko cause (militias, freemen, etc.).

Having to track and police all these new armed whackos costs us taxpayers money. While I do like quick interventions that results in dead whackos, I see the government's point in avoiding armed conflict, so to not create more armed whackos.

Constant violence in the Middle East has resulted in thousands of armed whackos. We need to keep our whackos at de minimis levels.
+11
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1327) 5 years ago
I think the Jim Jones tragedy in Georgetown Guyana also fits. The Oregon thing started to take on an eerie similarity with a legislator going to the scene. Some 900 Americans died in Georgetown, including a US Congressman.
+1
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1906) 5 years ago
This is an excellent summation of what those idiots want:
http://www.salon.com/2016...tian_rage/
+5
supporter
Posted by Jim Jones (+156) 5 years ago
I think the Jim Jones tragedy in Georgetown Guyana also fits. 

Jonestown Guyana!
+4
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17184) 5 years ago
Perhaps it was George Jonestown, Guyana?

+2