FBI live news coverage in Oregon
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1289) 5 years ago
Supposed to be film of the traffic stop from an airplane http://www.oregonlive.com...aj_story_1
+1
supporter
The video of the roadblock/arrest/shooting is at http://www.oregonlive.com...age_o.html
+2
Posted by rhshilling (+89) 5 years ago
When you are given three opportunities to correctly do as the police ask to to do and don't accept any of those opportunities, it's kind of like just saying "shoot me." Here is the full 28 minute video.
+2
Posted by Oddjob (+194) 5 years ago
The FBI will probably regret that they rushed to put this out. This is a piss-poor piece of police work. The claim was the van driver nearly hit one of the agents as they tried to go around the road block. The video shows the agent tried to jump in front of the van as it went off the road. Making the case for assault with a deadly weapon, I guess. Resisting and assault was reason number one to kill them.

When the van stops, Finicum jumped out and was definitely agitated, which opened him up for killing. They did accommodate him, if that was what he was looking for. The video clearly shows an agent come out of the woods behind Finicum and gets close enough to take him down, but takes the kill shot instead. His option, but here is the stupid part.

This highly trained government agent shoots Finicum with the van and all of the other LEO's and vehicles directly in his line of fire behind Finicum.

Nice. If they are proud of this, they shouldn't be. The only good thing that happened here is that nobody else got killed in this fiasco. The bad thing is that now, everybody on both sides of this will be a lot more prone to pull the trigger.
+6
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 5 years ago
I'm disappointed that it escalated to this. I'm really puzzled by the choice to confront Bundy's Boys this way. Did the authorities think that they'd just give up? Surely there was a better, less violent option.
+6
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 5 years ago
I thought they should have erected a tall fence around the perimeter of the place, brought in an equal number of prisoners from Guantanamo Bay, put it on pay-per-view, and use the proceeds to help fund public education in the state of Nevada.
+5
I figured there would be more to this story than what the cops were putting out.

Witnesses are saying that the vehicle Finicum was driving was shot at by LEO's after they were told there were women present in the vehicle. Being shot at is apparently what prompted Finicum to take off from the initial stop at a high rate of speed. Witnesses also say that over 100 round were directed toward the vehicle while Finicum was driving toward the roadblock. No wonder he was a little agitated when he got out of the vehicle. They drove him into an ambush. They purposely set up the roadblock around a blind curve so they would be out of the field of fire on a fleeing vehicle.

This is starting to look like the LEO's set up a killing field with every intention of shooting whoever they encountered. That's apparently becoming the definition of seeking a "peaceful resolution". I have a feeling the Sheriff (who I think really did NOT want bloodshed) was very emotional at the press conference because he finally figured out how he had let the Fed's and State Police run him.
+5
Posted by Exalted Buckaroo (+249) 5 years ago
Are these "witnesses" you reference credible and do they have names? Is your opinion based upon reliable news sources and, if so, what are they?

I hope you know better than to expect anyone here to simply accept your opinion at face value, sweetheart.
+5
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 5 years ago
Oddjob wrote:
This is starting to look like the LEO's set up a killing field with every intention of shooting whoever they encountered.

Yup! Sure does. If it was a killing field, why was only one person killed? Riddle me that, dumbass.
+6
Posted by Dark Beer (+253) 5 years ago
Reply to Oddjob (#364713)
Oddjob wrote:
I figured there would be more to this story than what the cops were putting out.

Witnesses are saying that the vehicle Finicum was driving was shot at by LEO's after they were told there were women present in the vehicle.

This make little sense. Why would the presence of women be the impetus for LEO's to start shooting. As you state, I figure there is more to this story than you are putting out.
+5
Posted by Brandy Allen (-2410) 5 years ago
And this guy was right handed, always wearing his side arm in a holster on that same right side, never inside a coat pocket. Also this gun that he apparently had in his coat pocket was at the refuge at that time. It was identified in separate videos taking after the murder.

He reached into his jacket to feel what had just hit him, not knowing that it was a gun shot that had pierced his lung as he had his hands up.
+4
supporter
So he was armed, right Danny Boy???
+2
Reply to Exalted Buckaroo (#364714)
Exalted Buckaroo wrote:
Are these "witnesses" you reference credible and do they have names? Is your opinion based upon reliable news sources and, if so, what are they?

I hope you know better than to expect anyone here to simply accept your opinion at face value, sweetheart.

Shawna Cox. There is an audio interview floating around on You Tube and elsewhere. She was in the truck with Finicum. You can be your own judge on how credible someone is, who had the pleasure of dodging a lot of government gunfire. She sounds a little excitable, but I guess that's to be expected. Like Churchill said: "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."

All I'm saying here is that there's the FBI story, the story from those who were/were not present and the truth, which we will probably never know. Other than that, I just think it was a little bit excessive for highly trained government agents to do the Bonnie and Clyde treatment to these people, then file charges on the survivors that are essentially trespassing and flipping the bird to Uncle Sam.

[Edited by Oddjob (1/31/2016 11:32:48 AM)]
+5
supporter
Backing off from the "killing fields" comment, huh?

You're sure a lot more skeptical about the police when one of your fellow travelers gets blasted, aren't you??
+4
Posted by Exalted Buckaroo (+249) 5 years ago
Thanks for the invitation but, no, I don't think I'll be visiting proto-fascist YouTube channels like Next News Network, Revolution Radio and End Times News Report to hear the unofficial Bundy family spokeswoman poison the well. I'll wait for sworn testimony.

As for the conduct of law enforcement in seeking a peaceful resolution to the felonious actions of the Bundys and Y'all Qaeda, it's difficult to see how the latter could have reasonably asked for greater leniency.

http://www.hcn.org/articl...gon-refuge
+4
You can choose to believe what ever you want to. The raw facts of the case are, Finicum had a 1st Amendment right to express his opinion of the government and a 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.

It now appears that he was fired upon without provocation, driven into an ambush and subsequently murdered for the heanous crime of trespassing.

God bless America. Land of the free; home of the brave.

And no Bob. A killing field is exactly what it was.

[Edited by Oddjob (2/1/2016 7:25:20 AM)]
+3
supporter
Law-breaking thug.

He should have obeyed the police.

He had it coming to him.

Sound familiar, Oddjob???
+6
founder
I don't know any sane people who think that attempting to run a police roadblock isn't a great way to get shot at.
+10
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 5 years ago
+4
Reply to Bob L. (#364736)
Bob L. wrote:
Law-breaking thug.

He should have obeyed the police.

He had it coming to him.

Sound familiar, Oddjob???

No, it doesn't, Bob.

Unlike you, I find no moral equivalency here.

Or are you saying that the LEO's should have just blown away every "Occupy" protester they laid eyes on?

That's it...Right?

Goddamn law-breaking thugs.......They had it comin....Right?

If you're trying to imply that I'm a racist, Bob, don't beat around the bush. If you have the backup, have the balls to lay it out there.
+4
supporter
Looks like I hit a nerve.

Hit a little close to home there, huh Oddjob?
+4
supporter
Two more video pieces of the arrest taken from a motorist who happened upon the scene, with some sound: http://koin.com/2016/01/2...tia-arrest

http://koin.com/2016/02/0...ia-arrests
+2
Posted by Brandy Allen (-2410) 5 years ago
It is odd that Bob says kill all the criminals that are politically his opposition, but says give amnesty or easy sentences to those with his same political ideas. I don't think Bob could be unbiased or fair even if he tried.

I think Bob is just a racist that believes in, The Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan

http://www.theeuroprobe.o...44-couden/
+3
supporter
Do you project much, Danny Boy?

That's rich, being called a racist by Mr. White Supremacist. My day is complete!
+6
supporter
Starting to look like Mark McConnell (one of the drivers) was an informant for the police....why was he released right away?? http://legacy.ktvb.com/st...p/79661994

[Edited by Don Birkholz (2/2/2016 4:13:05 PM)]
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9193) 5 years ago
blah blah blah. if they wanted a killing field, they had plenty of opportunity elsewhere. Who am I supposed to believe, insurrectionists or occam's razor?

Pay your grazing fees, pay your taxes, quit being stupid.
+10
Reply to Bob L. (#364772)
Bob L. wrote:
Looks like I hit a nerve.

Hit a little close to home there, huh Oddjob?

Ha Ha!

That's what I like about you, Bob. You're so predictable. That, and the fact that you never contribute anything more valuable to the discussion than a liberal-progressive-puke dog-whistle.

It's a good thing we have you, or these threads would never end.
+5
supporter
+8
supporter
Oddjob wrote:
Unlike you, I find no moral equivalency here.

Or are you saying that the LEO's should have just blown away every "Occupy" protester they laid eyes on?

Wait a minute...I think you better pump the brakes there, Mr. Posse Comitatus.

You're trying to equate the "Occupy" movement with Cliven Bundy and those dumbasses? Really???

How many "Occupy" protesters were armed exercising their 2nd Amendment rights?

Your hero Cliven and his in-bred followers were all armed. Now Hoss Cliven Jr. and his pals are cooling their heels in jail, where they belong. They got off easier than they should have. Google Gordon Kahl sometime...
+3
supporter
Or better yet, Google Yori Kahl. That stupid procreateer is still in jail.

Over 30 years later. Same stupid bullpoop.

[Edited by Bob L. (2/3/2016 6:56:06 PM)]
+3
Posted by Ben Dover (+113) 5 years ago
Posted in wrong thread

[Edited by Ben Dover (2/4/2016 7:29:01 AM)]
+3
supporter
Looks like they are waiting for a Nevada legislator and Franklin Graham to arrive before they say they will not "surrender", but turn themselves in. http://www.oregonlive.com...aj-story-1

Scroll down past the story for the updates

[Edited by Don Birkholz (2/11/2016 10:13:47 AM)]
supporter
Maybe they'll arrest them as well when they arrive.
+1
supporter
David Fry wanted everyone to say Halleluya and he would come out. Apparently everyone said Halleluya and he came out and was taken into custody. All four are now in custody. Where upon the female negotiator broke down and cried.
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1917) 5 years ago
Now that the nuts are gone, that poor town and that wildlife refuge get to start putting themselves back together. I wonder if any of the terrorists are going to help pay for the damages, lost wages, etc.

Oh, that's right. They only want money for themselves. The rest of the world owes them a living.
+3
founder
Like cats to the sound of an electric can opener, those crazy Nevadans.
+4
Reply to David Schott (#364922)
David Schott wrote:
Like cats to the sound of an electric can opener, those crazy Nevadans.

Says the guy who throws bricks in a glass house...

Let's see.....

Does the Church Universal and Triumphant ring a bell? No? A pile of wackos stockpiling heavy weapons in....Montana? Are they still there? Are the bunkers full of heavy weapons still down on the old Forbes Ranch? Apparently so.....

Perhaps they are just waiting for the new Messiah.

You probably don't remember them because Billy and Janet and the BATF; all puffed up from their overwhelming success at Ruby Ridge, chose Waco to do the practice run for Elizabeth Clare Prophet. And since Waco worked out so well for them.....

You can understand the reluctance to pursue the really big fish, who are quietly waiting in the shadows for you.....