Fire in Wilson home in 1966
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10182) 4 years ago
The Ken Wilson home on Main Street was damaged by fire and smoke Saturday evening. The Wilsons were not at home at the time but a babysitter, Mrs. Philip Van Cleave, 45, rescued Lissette Wilson, 1 1/2, who was asleep in an upstairs room. The Wilsons and Wendy, 3, were attending the Robert Burns program at the Crossroads Inn.

Did you remember this? Sounds scary and memorable.
Top
-1
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 4 years ago
Yup. Since I wasn't there and only 3, I don't think of it as a scary event, although I'm sure it was for my folks. I remember arriving at the house with all the firemen there. Other than that I remember living at the Olive during the time it took to remodel the house. Apparently there was a wiring problem in the basement that started it. My mom has a joke about it but I can't tell it here.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10182) 4 years ago
Your mother tells off-color jokes? Surely not?
Top
+1
-1
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 4 years ago
It's not off-color. I've just been forbidden to post anything about my mom.

[Edited by Wendy Wilson (1/23/2016 4:28:13 PM)]
Top