Suspects plead not guilty to Missoula charges
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1300) 5 years ago
MISSOULA -
The pair accused of being involved with two Missoula stabbings that left one dead say they're not guilty.

Scott Price and Sarah McKnight both appeared in Missoula County District Court Tuesday afternoon.

Price and McKnight both face five felony counts, including deliberate homicide, attempted deliberate homicide, conspiracy to commit aggravated kidnapping, tampering with physical evidence and solicitation to commit theft.

The two came to Missoula on their way to Idaho on Dec. 21 while Price was on the run from a murder in Miles City.

Price stabbed a 68-year-old woman in the Missoula Fresh Market parking lot. That woman survived but suffered multiple stab wounds to the abdomen.

The two then went across the street to the Super 8 Hotel, where court papers say they brutally attacked a housekeeper and stole her car keys. She died from the attack.

The pair were arrested in Coeur d'Alene two days later.

Both pled not guilty to all counts, and Judge Robert Deschamps kept the bail amount for each of them at $1 million.

http://www.kaj18.com/stor...er-charges
+1
Posted by truck (-199) 5 years ago
I read another article that pertained to this case, and it said that the death penalty would not be seeked. Now I know that most would like to see both of them put to death, the sooner the better. What is the thinking of not seeking the death penalty?. It doesnt seem right that you take a life or lives and then you are able to live out the rest of your life. Yes it will be in prison which its not like they are going to hell. Explain away please,,,,
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 5 years ago
Isn't that a catch-22 for you?

You want someone killed for killing someone....what then should happen to you? Shouldn't others who think like you want you killed? Shouldn't you kind of want that for yourself?

Isn't killing wrong? Or is it just some kinds of killing that are wrong and others are ok?

If this is the case, I am going to need to have you handy to let me know when I need to want someone dead and when I need to be outraged over it and want them killed because I'm outraged....oh sheesh, this is really confusing!

FH
+2
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 5 years ago
Sometimes it is easier to get a guilty plea and avoid a trial if the death penalty is off the table. A murder trial and subsequent appeals are extremely expensive when the death penalty has been awarded. I suspect that might have something to do with it. But there could be many factors involved.
+8
Reply to Wendy Wilson (#364507)
Thanks Wendy for shedding some light on this subject for me.
Reply to Frank Hardy (#364506)
For one thing Franky I didnt take the lives of two innocent people. Now if you think its ok for this scum bag to live then thats your choice. Emotions run high on these sort of issues, which appears yours are. Thanks for commenting though.
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2044) 5 years ago
Reply to truck (#364509)
They can sentence them to life in Missoula and then send them to MC where YOU can have your trial and convict them and sentence them to death. That will cost the City and arm and a leg with all the appeals dealing with the death sentence. Even if the state picks up some of the expenses. Better let them sit it out at Deer Lodge at Missoula/State expense.
I think if they are found guilty in Missoula they will plead guilty in MC.
+1
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 5 years ago
Now I know that most would like to see both of them put to death, the sooner the better.

What would Jesus do? Maybe they DO deserve the death penalty, but pretty much every church you go to in Miles City will tell you that YOU deserve to burn in hell for all of eternity, and it's only through the grace of a higher power that you've been spared that fate. Even good old Danny K will agree with that, if he's being honest.

Here is a parable for you to reflect upon: https://www.biblegateway....w+18:21-35
Posted by Exalted Buckaroo (+249) 5 years ago
FFS, isn't this the 7th or 8th separate topics concerning this rampage? Why continue to pollute the forum with multiple threads when one conversation will do?
+1
Posted by Dark Beer (+253) 5 years ago
Agreed. EB. On the other hand would you rather have one loooonnnnggg strand of spaghetti or cut it into bite-size pieces.

I think Don is missing his calling as the editor of the "Broadus Buzzard". The "Buzzard" is envisioned as a local Wordpress "news" rag that features in-depth analysis of every death in the region. We're talk'n death of humans, wolves, fire-killed trees, you name it. If it is dead or dying, Don will be on the "deadbeat" and publish those findings in the "Buzzard". The subscription price for such information will surely send a huge wave of economic revival to the coffers of Powder River County.
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+760) 5 years ago
Actually, I do not see why there is continued posts at all. Continuing to post does nothing good except feed the rumor mill.

Sit back, watch the news, read the articles on the newspaper sites. Simple enough. We know people are not going to agree on things, so why post.

I have moved on past this issue and onto things that I can make a difference in, because nothing I say matters in this sad event.

Most of the people posting on here do not even live here anymore anyway.
+7