FWP Homes for bats!
Posted by Siberianhusky38 (+36) 4 years ago
Hello Everyone!

My name is Nick and I'm working with Fish Wildlife and Parks to build bat homes as an Eagle Project for Troop 222. These bat homes are so bats can stay warm and for some part stay out of homes. Previous projects have been painting areas in the park or building the small free book library at the hospital walkway. Here is another job to help out the community. Ill get to the point these houses are much more sizable than birdhouses therefore the cost is much higher. I need to raise $400 for all I will need,so i turn to the community this is for. Im looking for donations of any size to help cover the costs of this project. If you find yourself wanting to help out your community through me. Contact Dave Swogger who runs the troop. Talk to Brandi Skone who works at FWP and tell her what the money is for. Another way would to give money to United Methodist near M&H and tell someone in charge where the money goes and what it is for. Make sure they can be trusted with delivery of the money. Thank you anyone who donates and id prefer if you donate through Dave itll save us both time!
+6
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14580) 4 years ago
Good luck. How about posting a mailing address for those out of town who would like to donate to the cause? As well as who to make the check out to.
+2
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#364426)
Dave Swogger's address is 404 Missouri Miles City MT 59301. Checks can go out to "BSA Troop 222". Also the bat houses are rather large and i'll be making 20. Some of them will go to Glendive or Terry. So when I call this a community project community in this instance is Miles City and towns nearby.
+2
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1376) 4 years ago
So $20 per bat house? I'll give you $50 for one if you paint it up nice and put "BIFF! BAM! POW!" on it and promise to post a picture of it here. PayPal to an email address of your choice is easiest since I'm like 3000 miles from home but can make a check happen if need.

[Edited by Dave Roberts (1/16/2016 9:28:46 PM)]
+1
founder
supporter
sponsor
I changed my mind already. If you paint one kind of light sea foam green (can bats see colors or do they care?) and put a little purple butterfly in the top right corner like it's just under the eave (see 108 N Lake for reference, the butterfly may be gone now) I'll give you $50.

Add White eave trim with little color spots like the Christmas lights grandpa got too lazy to take down and I'll make it $75.
+1
Bats houses are dark to absorb sunlight. However I wouldnt mind making a custom one. To anyone else reading besides this I will not do custom full colors.Such as making a house orange. If you want a small detail then I do not mind in exhange for a donation which will be enough to cover the paint and just building the rest. Because keep in mind I still need $400. FWP is covering the other $400.
+1
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1718) 4 years ago
Just wanted to say thank-you for the Little Free Library!
+2
founder
supporter
sponsor
Make it the way bats like, don't worry about custom paint. I'll have a check on the way to Dave Swogger tomorrow.
+2
Reply to Dave Roberts (#364502)
Thank you Dave Roberts for the donation! Dave Swogger received the money, which was a check for $100 or a fourth of my financial goal. I am very appreciative of this and any other donations. In terms of progress I have a basic schedule and was interviewed by press for the Miles City Star. Thank you to all who donate.

[Edited by Siberianhusky38 (1/26/2016 8:50:54 PM)]

[Edited by Siberianhusky38 (2/4/2016 7:18:06 PM)]
+4
The address is apparently 404 Mississippi actually. So please send your checks there. Checks that have been sent have made it to the best of my knowledge either with those who live on 404 Missouri being honest or the mail system fixed it. Again send it to 404 Mississippi.

[Edited by Siberianhusky38 (2/5/2016 4:27:25 PM)]