Alta Club Fires
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1909) 4 years ago
I am writing a history column about the first Alta Club fire. Anyone remember offhand the dates of the second and third fires?
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14469) 4 years ago
The final fire must have been December 30, 2002:

http://milescity.com/foru.../view/1146
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9865) 4 years ago
Thank you.
+2
Posted by wheelerdealer1 (+113) 4 years ago
talk to Glen Shores, His Band was playing there when the Alta Club burnt to the ground
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9865) 4 years ago
That must have been the third time, right? The final time, so to speak.
+1
Posted by Dr Mac (+81) 4 years ago
Never mind about my post earlier about When did the Alta Club burn? Will watch this thread! Have a great 2016, friends!
+1
Posted by mm59301 (+34) 4 years ago
I believe the final fire was Dec 30th or 31st. I remember as we were at the tavern for my birthday.
founder
It happened the night of December 30, 2002, (a Monday) and/or very early Tuesday morning, December 31, 2002. The Alta Club was closed on Mondays. Glenn Shores and Lilly Cruise were scheduled to play on New Year's Eve and their band equipment was setup and ready to go for Tuesday night. The fire destroyed their band equipment.
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2672) 4 years ago
Where exactly was the Alta Club? I know it was on Valley Drive East but I'm having a hard time picturing its exact location.
+1
founder
It was on the same side of Valley Drive East that the Miles City Plaza is on. If you know where Magnuson Heating and Sheet Metal is located it was just a little further east from there (across the railroad tracks from the very eastern end of Albert's Trailer Park). There is still a concrete slab surrounded by an asphalt parking lot visible today.

Site of the former Alta Club Saloon, Miles City

[Edited by David Schott (1/9/2016 11:24:30 AM)]
+1