Local Dating, Friendship, & Events Site needs help
Posted by Montana Social (-12) 5 years ago
I would like to add my new website to the local websites area but I cannot figure it out.  Can someone please give me instructions?  I am pretty sure I have clicked on everything.
+1
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 5 years ago
Once your website is done, just ask and I'll add it to the directory.
Thank you very much. It is now ready. montanasocial.com

If you have any questions or if I need to do anything, please let me know.
+1
admin
founder
FYI, you can contact me directly instead of using this forum by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site.

In any case, where are you located? There is no information on the site that indicates who is operating it, or that it is a real business, or where you are headquartered, or that you are actually even in Montana. ???
+11
I will respond here because if others read what was posted previously and I leave your response as the last response it will look like I am a phony person trying to get away with something. I went through all of the proper channels, I live here and it is a real business!!! I work very hard and will work very hard to keep this site updated so that ALL information is relevant. I am disabled and tried to create a business I could run from home so I can contribute to society and have a purpose while helping others.

This is a website and not a physical business so there is no physical address. I am registered with the State. I did not put one name on the site because there will be a team of people working on the site. It is very common for a website to operate this way. I am confused by the tone of your response and have decided that I will not benefit from having a link on this page. I do not appreciate your accusations and I don't see your name and address anywhere on this site either.

The reason I created the site is because it is very much needed. Also, I want my customers to know I will never treat you like this person just treated me. I will treat everyone with respect no matter how long you have lived here, who you are, how much money you make or anything else.

FYI, I have used your "contact us" link in the past and NEVER got a response.

It costs a lot of money to get a website up and running. How can you accuse me of not being a real business? Did you make an attempt to verify it with the State before accusing me on a public forum?

I hope your attitude is not indicative of the type of comradery I can expect from other businesses in the area.
+1
admin
founder
Reply to Montana Social (#363674)
Umm, okay. You posted here, I replied here. I was just asking some questions. Your site is very simple, does not appear to be finished, is hosted on WIX, and the domain was just registered December 21, 2015. It has no users yet. It has no content. It has no identifying contact information. The profiles of the people on it are not real. Your IP address (for whatever reason) is identified as coming from Florida (which I'll assume is a mistake).

Given all of that, I don't think it is unreasonable for me to ask some questions before adding your site to the directory.

Beyond that, I'm not sure your site really qualifies to be in the Miles City web directory - since it is not primarily Miles City focused.

Montana Social wrote:
I do not appreciate your accusations and I don't see your name and address anywhere on this site either.

Click the "antram" logo in the footer. It has my company name, address, and contact info - or look in the Terms of Use - or look up my business license with the State of Montana:

https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bi...ch=A229342
+13
Posted by Viv (-8) 5 years ago
Since you disabled Montana Social from leaving comments on your public forum, I have decided to do her a favor and post this.  Lets see if you are brave enough to leave it up and not delete me too. If you do, we will need to consult and attorney because you are obviously trying to harm her new business with your deframatory comments.  She did not see you as competition.  Is this why you are doing this?  You see this as competition?  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if you had any questions. 

Yes, I am a brand new site. I explain the sample profiles. They are there to give people an example of the type of ads to place and how to word them. This is how you get customers when you don't have any yet.

Obviously you require a website to already be established for a certain length of time before they are ALLOWED on your site. I looked for your criteria and instructions before posting anything, but these things are not listed anywhere on your site. Your site is not very user friendly. I am sure you are aware of this.

I would have been very happy to answer your questions but you were so unprofessional in your tone, using ????? and umm and accusing me of being fake without giving me a chance to answer your questions. It would have been very nice of you to help me out instead of being so defensive for no reason. Maybe you see me as competition and do not want to be friendly or helpful.

This is obviously not a public forum - it is your forum to do with what you want. It would have been very kind of you to help someone who is trying to start a new business instead of being so mean and unprofessional. Yes - I will be a very active part of the Miles City Business Community. I will remember how you treated me. You have just motivated me to become even larger and offer more features than I had originally planned on. I want to thank you for that.

I already stated that I did not want my website to be advertised on your page so you did not need to explain how you feel you do not think it would qualify to be on your site. That was put there because you are choosing to be mean instead of being nice - again for no reason. 

I am no longer going to use your site, refer your site to anyone, or check up on how many more nasty comments you are going to leave for me. I am sure we will meet in person. I will spend the rest of the afternoon learning everything I can about who you are and I am sure you will do the same. Any comments you leave after this will be only for your viewers to see. I will not see them. So do your best. I look forward to our inevitable in-person meeting.
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 5 years ago
I am taking my ball and going home because I was asked legitimate questions. So there. Nyah.

+10
admin
founder
Reply to Viv (#363685)
Viv wrote:
Since you disabled Montana Social from leaving comments on your public forum, I have decided to do her a favor and post this.  Lets see if you are brave enough to leave it up and not delete me too. If you do, we will need to consult and attorney because you are obviously trying to harm her new business with your deframatory comments.  She did not see you as competition.  Is this why you are doing this?  You see this as competition?

??? ???

(A) The "Montana Social" account was never disabled. So I don't know where you are coming up with that.

(B) I don't know what to even say about your remarks about competition. I certainly don't view your site as any sort of "competition", and in the past I've listed and promoted many "competing" sites here -- such as 59301.com, and others as a courtesy.

Viv wrote:
Obviously you require a website to already be established for a certain length of time before they are ALLOWED on your site. I looked for your criteria and instructions before posting anything, but these things are not listed anywhere on your site. Your site is not very user friendly. I am sure you are aware of this.

No, a website does not need to be "established for a certain length of time" before they are included in the directory. What they do need to be, is relevant to Miles City.

Also, I don't mean to demean your site, but realistically, in my opinion, and since you're being a dweeb I'll let you know it has *zero* chance of getting any free user profiles and *zero* chance of any paid ones after - because there are already a plethora of matchmaking type sites, ones with actual user accounts and login systems, and privacy policies, which go through extreme measures to protect their users. Your site, as is, does not have anything in place like that. It is a WIX site with a few manually edited pages. IMO, no one in their right mind would ever send money to some random site to post their personal info on it.

Viv wrote:
I would have been very happy to answer your questions but you were so unprofessional in your tone, using ????? and umm and accusing me of being fake without giving me a chance to answer your questions. It would have been very nice of you to help me out instead of being so defensive for no reason. Maybe you see me as competition and do not want to be friendly or helpful.

I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked some questions, and after you got your panties in a bunch, stated some facts.

Viv wrote:
I will remember how you treated me. You have just motivated me to become even larger and offer more features than I had originally planned on. I want to thank you for that.

I have no idea why you think I somehow treated you badly. The entire exchange is above. In any case, I would encourage you to do that. Go for it. Create a better site.

Viv wrote:
I am sure we will meet in person. I will spend the rest of the afternoon learning everything I can about who you are and I am sure you will do the same. Any comments you leave after this will be only for your viewers to see. I will not see them. So do your best. I look forward to our inevitable in-person meeting.

That sounds like a threat. I'm glad you posted it online, so everyone else can see it.

And additionally, I don't really care what you learn about me. I have nothing to hide. Over the last 15+ years I have posted tons of information, publicly, about my personal life on this site. So have at it.

Good luck in your endeavor.
+12
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2629) 5 years ago
Well your going to have to look a long time if your looking for Larry in Miles City lol
+7
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 5 years ago
Reply to Viv (#363685)
Viv wrote:
"I am no longer going to use your site, refer your site to anyone, or check up on how many more nasty comments you are going to leave for me."

What a shame. You've been such a delight.
+9
founder
supporter
Does she have a lawyer on retainer? Heheheheheh.
+5
admin
founder
So, I got this in the mail today.

Just to be very clear -- I have NEVER initiated any contact or communication with this person, other than *publicly* replying to *publicly* posted messages, all 4 of which are contained above, in this thread -- (3 replies to "MontanaSocial" and 1 reply to "Viv").

Additionally, "Gina" (whoever she is) left a voicemail at 9:03PM on Dec. 22 -- indicating she had contacted the police concerning me (solely in regards to her take on the posts above), and further indicated she would be securing an attorney to take action against me after the holidays (unless I submitted to her demands).

Since the threat of legal action has been brought up, and in order to preserve information for any such occurrence, no data in regards to this issue will be removed or deleted from this site without a court order.

I am publicly posting the letter I received today, below, because the BBB states the information included in it will be publicly posted on their website.

Page 1 (click for larger view):

Page 2 (click for larger view):
+2
admin
founder
Transcript of the letter above.

Customer Information:

Gina Vecchi
PO Box 712
Terry, MT 59349
Daytime Phone: 406-740-1060
E-mail: [email protected]

Complaint Details:

Complaint Involves:

Service Issues

Customer's Statement:

I asked MilesCity.com, which is owned by Larry Antram of Antram Technologies and Antram.com, how I could add my new website to their list of websites. My website is designed to cater to the Miles City area and will eventually expand to other areas of Montana. I researched other websites he has listed and others cater to areas outside of Miles City as well. I told him I tried to do it on my own but could not find any instructions on his website. He said he would add it as soon as it was finished. I told him it was finished. He then proceeded to publicly, on a milescity.com forum, make derogatory comments about my site. He made fun of it's appearance. He stated he thinks it's a fake. He told me that I need to add my personal information to the site before he will add it. Most sites he has already added do not contain the owners personal information. He has not included his personal information on his own site. I am confused as to why he is treating me differently than everyone else. It seemed to start after I mentioned my disability. I then told him I had changed my mind and no longer wanted anything to do with his site. He ignores that and continues to make unprofessional and insulting comments publicly, about me and my website. I have since asked him to remove my account. I have tried to call him to resolve this but he refuses to answer his phone. He has also publicly accused me of lying about having a disability.

Complaint Background:

Problem Occurred: 12/21/2015
Talked to Company: 12/21/2015
Talked to Company (2nd): 12/22/2015

Name of Salesperson:

Desired Settlement:

I want my account deleted from milescity.com. There is no way for me to delete it myself. I also want all comments that have anything to do with my website/company deleted. I also want something in writing from Larry Antram stating that he will no longer make defamatory comments about me, my website or my business ever again, to anyone, in any format for any reason.
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 5 years ago
Oh, bother!
+4
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 5 years ago
It's like "Gina Vecchi" wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper then when the letter was published she decided it was actually embarrassing to her. Now she is demanding that the newspaper locate and destroy all published copies of the newspaper containing her letter. You can't put the cat back into the bag.
+8
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 5 years ago
Well then. I better watch my P's and Q's otherwise this crazy lady may come after me... However.

Where is this awesome whatever-the-hell-it-is website? I tried the link, which takes me to a landing page from Wix.com. (Totally awesome company to build a website with... NOT) She is completely off her damned Terry, MT rocker. And, since when did it become mandatory for Larry to list a website in the directory? As far as I am concerned, he could flat out refuse it just because he wants to. Since it is his creation. But what do I know...
+7
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1289) 5 years ago
I think I am going to complain about her site to the Better Business Bureau. In my opinion, doesn't sound like a "friendship" site to me.

[Edited by Don Birkholz (1/1/2016 9:50:05 AM)]
+8
founder
supporter
She is running a classified ad in the Star for her site. I haven't actually gone there since I have many friends and a husband. Is it a dating site or what?
+3
admin
founder
Response (click for larger view):
+11
Posted by Josh Rath (+2305) 5 years ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#364033)
There is literally nothing on the website Amorette.
+4
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 5 years ago
I just tried the link and get nothing. When I google montanasocial.com I get hits that appear to link to the site but they only go to the wix.com homepage.
+1
Posted by Nigel1990 (+15) 5 years ago
I also found that your site was very simple,looked like having not finished.
+1
admin
founder
Click for larger view:
+9
banned
Posted by piterhill (+12) 5 years ago
This post was removed 5 years ago.
It was removed because it was SPAM.