Like/Dislike Button
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14599) 5 years ago
Would it be possible to view who liked and disliked comments?
+1
Posted by busyB (+628) 5 years ago
I feel like that actually cheapens the process.

As much as I'd like to know sometimes, I'd rather just see an unbiased opinion of like/dislike through anonymity.
+4
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9954) 5 years ago
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#363621)
I think it should remain anonymous. The data obviously exists, however I didn't build anything to view who liked/disliked posts - not even I can see that.
+4
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9681) 5 years ago
I agree, I think it should be anonymous.

[Edited by Hal Neumann (12/21/2015 10:37:29 AM)]
+3
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16315) 5 years ago
I agree -- keep it anonymous. As soon as you make it not anonymous then people will stop expressing their true opinion via the like/dislike buttons.

By the way, Richard, I gave you a "Dislike" on your post suggesting this.
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16318) 5 years ago
By the way, Richard, I gave you a "Dislike" on your post suggesting this.

As did I.
+4
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14599) 5 years ago
I guess I saw it as an opportunity to learn. If I were to find certian people disagreeing with me, it would casue me to consider why and consider additional points of view. Self-improvement and introspection was my reasoning and motivation.
+1
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1908) 5 years ago
I would guess you can figure out who posts up and who posts down based on previous postings. For example, anything I post will be down voted by The Odd One and The Brandied One.
+4
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9681) 5 years ago
I also hit the Dislike button for Richard's suggestion.
+2
Posted by truck (-196) 5 years ago
I dont normally pick out one poster and give thumbs up or down, (oh I wish there was a birdy finger to give some lol) all of his or her post just because I can.There is a select few on here that if its not their post or thought then down goes the thumb. As far as knowing who gives my post thumbs up or thumbs down is their choice and their beliefs. I def dont loose sleep wondering who the person was that dis liked or liked my post,I leave that up to those self elected knowledge bowls and yes I mean that in a good way. I can see where if it was possible to see who gave you a thumbs up or a thumb down could possibly lead to beyond the confinements of this forum.
+1
Posted by Oddjob (+185) 5 years ago
Reply to Amorette F. Allison (#363633)
Amorette F. Allison wrote:
I would guess you can figure out who posts up and who posts down based on previous postings. For example, anything I post will be down voted by The Odd One and The Brandied One.

It has never been any mystery to me, as to who is punching my "dislike" button. In fact, I encourage it. A friend recently passed this on to me....

"As it was such a crappy day, I sat in my recliner and started thinking about life. I came to realize that, as I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake."
+6
Posted by Brandy Allen (-2407) 5 years ago
If I learned anything from a video game, it this.

"If I am encountering resistance, I am going the RIGHT way".

[Edited by Brandy Allen (12/23/2015 7:00:25 AM)]
+3