Hillary...stilll crooked after all these years.
Posted by Kacey (+3158) 4 years ago
Everyone has heard by now so here are my thoughts.
Connection between Hillary and Wasserman Schultz is written in stone.
DNC (Schultz) has been trying to stop Bernie.
The company in question is ngpvan. The CEO is a personal friend of Hillary.
In 2008 Hillary's campaign was given information on her competition due to a security breach with the same company.
Hillary's campaign was never even slapped on the wrist.

According to the lawsuit that was filed there is a contract that Wasserman-Schultz violated by terminating the Bernie campaign's access to the information.

So does any rational person still question the illegality of what Schultz and the Hillary campaign are doing in an attempt to derail Bernie?
+7
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10590) 4 years ago
This is NOT an us vs. them. We need to get behind whoever gets the Democratic nomination and tearing one candidate down will not enhance the other. For the record: (And no, I did not write this. I can provide the direct link if you like.)

Jeff Weaver, the Vermont senator's campaign manager, acknowledged that a staffer had viewed the information but blamed a software vendor hired by the DNC for a glitch that allowed access. Weaver said one Sanders staffer was fired over the incident.

The discovery sparked alarm at the DNC, which promptly shut off the Sanders campaign's access to the strategically crucial list of likely Democratic voters.

The DNC maintains the master list and rents it to national and state campaigns, which then add their own, proprietary information gathered by field workers and volunteers. Firewalls are supposed to prevent campaigns from viewing data gathered by their rivals.

NGP VAN, the vendor that handles the master file, said the incident occurred Wednesday while a patch was being applied to the software. The process briefly opened a window into proprietary information from other campaigns, said the company's chief, Stu Trevelyan. He said a full audit will be conducted.

The DNC has told the Sanders campaign that it will not be allowed access to the data again until it provides an explanation as well as assurances that all Clinton data has been destroyed.

...Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said four Sanders campaign staffers accessed Clinton data, and that three of them did so at the direction of their boss, Josh Uretsky, who was the operative fired.

So, first of all, I just want to underline that there is no indication that Senator Sanders directed his staff to breach Clinton's records. (And, for the record, I don't think he did.) What responsibility Sanders has is for his team, and this appears to be the third incident recently in which Jeff Weaver and Co. have made Sanders look bad: Weaver was the one who made the poopty comments about how Sanders' campaign would be "willing to consider" Clinton for vice-president, then defended his demeaning commentary as "edgy or snarky but nothing more"; Weaver was the one who "declared victory" after a Sanders staffer pitched a fit over last-minute changes to a debate format following the bombing in Paris, making the Senator look unable to effectively pivot to respond to crisis; and now Weaver is the one who is redirecting blame for his staff's unethical and illegal breach of confidential voter data that doesn't belong to them.

The Sanders team's explanation of the incident has gradually changed since it was first confirmed late Thursday, initially saying that only a single “low-level” staffer accessed the Clinton data and that none of it was saved.

But the database logs created by NGP VAN show that four accounts associated with the Sanders team took advantage of the Wednesday morning breach. Staffers conducted searches that would be especially advantageous to the campaign, including lists of its likeliest supporters in 10 early voting states, including Iowa and New Hampshire. Campaigns rent access to a master file of DNC voter information the party, and update the files with their own data culled from field work and other investments.

After one Sanders account gained access to the Clinton data, the audits show, that user began sharing permissions with other Sanders users. The staffers who secured access to the Clinton data included national data director Josh Uretsky, who was fired on Thursday, and his deputy, Russell Drapkin. The two other usernames that viewed Clinton information were “talani" and "csmith_bernie," created by Uretsky's account after the breach began.

Though the Sanders campaign initially claimed that it had not saved Clinton data, the logs show that the Vermont senator’s team created at least 24 lists during the 40-minute breach, which started at 10:40 a.m., and saved those lists to their personal folders. The Sanders searches included New Hampshire lists related to older voters, "HFA Turnout 60-100" and "HFA Support 50-100," that were conducted and saved by Uretsky. Drapkin's account searched for and saved lists including "HFA Support <30" in Iowa and "HFA Turnout 30-70"' in New Hampshire.

Uretsky told CNN on Friday that he probed the Clinton data to get a sense of the full extent of the problem, but the breach was reported to NGP VAN by a third party, not by the Sanders campaign, a source familiar with the investigation said.
So, the Sanders campaign:

-- claimed that only one person had exploited the glitch, until the database log proved otherwise

-- claimed that they had not saved the data, until the audit proved otherwise

-- claimed that they had raised the issue of the glitch, until investigators said otherwise

These are serious problems, with both ethics and credibility.

Sorry, I like Sanders in general but he is not a saint and there are serious issues with his campaign staff.

[Edited by Amorette Allison (12/18/2015 7:31:25 PM)]
+5
Posted by Kacey (+3158) 4 years ago
And not a word about Hillary and how the DNC has illegally restricted the Sanders campaign. Read the lawsuit. It's black and white.

And not a word about how Hillary did this in 2008 and nothing was done.

I don't care if she is a woman. I refuse to support someone who has been in cahoots with the man who has this software.

And how about you cite your sources for your information?
+5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15019) 4 years ago
Cool, Kacey's voting for Trump!
+3
Posted by Exalted Buckaroo (+247) 4 years ago
I suppose if you support the idea of a coronation then the idea of a presidential primary as crucible is inconvenient, if not annoying.
+3
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14304) 4 years ago
Connection between Hillary and Wasserman Schultz is written in stone.
DNC (Schultz) has been trying to stop Bernie.
The company in question is ngpvan. The CEO is a personal friend of Hillary.
In 2008 Hillary's campaign was given information on her competition due to a security breach with the same company.

Where are your sources for all of these alligations???
+1
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9530) 4 years ago
I don’t know all the rights & wrongs of this, but I really wish that Wasserman-Schultz wasn’t riding herd over the DNC. There are many who could do a better job of it.

But it is what is and Sanders will have to play the hand dealt him. Though Wasserman-Schultz could well have just pulled the rug out from under him, I’m still pulling for the Ol’ Pinko ; -)

In the end, whichever candidate you support, whichever Party you back – the important thing is to get out and vote. Voting, in any election – local, state, or national – is one of the more important duties you owe yourself and your country.

[Edited by Hal Neumann (12/18/2015 10:55:26 PM)]
+4
Posted by rhshilling (+88) 4 years ago
It is nice to see the Democrats have their own problems too. I have been a registered Republican in three different States and have never voted straight party ticket. Since moving here to Montana a few months ago, I have yet to register to vote. am thinking either registering as an Independent or not at all. I detest what party politics has become. I usually do not post anything on these messageboards because one of the the first things I noticed here is how the majority on here are Democrats, drink the Kool-Aid the party tells them to, and bashes Republicans constantly. I have seen the same thing on the Republican side. It is almost as if both Parties are trying to create a divide amongst voters to the point of leading to civil war. Many of you think that because someone is Republican, they will vote for Trump. I believe Trump will be on the ticket, but only as an Independent. I think the same will go for Bernie Sanders. The Republican Party does not like Trump. They are talking of having a brokered convention and telling the Republican voters who their candidate will be, which will in all likelihood be Bush, Presidential primaries be damned. The Republicans will lose the election if they have this brokered convention, suffer a membership loss, and force the creation of a major third party. If Trump runs as an Independent, he will gets votes from both Democrats and Republicans. He will throw the numbers off across the board. People may not agree with everything he says, but he is not part of the political establishment...read aristocracy. If Trump gets enough votes to win as an Independent, he still will not gain the Presidency because the Democratic and Republican bedfellows will not allow it. They will broker a deal with each other and tell the Electoral College who they will chose as the next President. Just remember to vote with your mind and your conscience, because your choice is going to be Clinton and Bush. Long Live the Aristocracy!
BTW, I was all set to vote for Howard Dean in 2004 then the Democrats and the media killed his campaign.

[Edited by rhshilling (12/19/2015 12:26:59 AM)]
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10590) 4 years ago
The Trumpet said he wouldn't run as a Independent. Since he would just throw the election to the Democrats if he did, someone may have gotten that through his pin head.

NOBODY in the Republican clown car represents anything even close to what I see as a viable future for this country. There are all the blowing the same hateful, help the rich rhetoric. I am not crazy about the Democratic candidates but lord knows, I don't think they are as flat out bigoted nuts.
+2