Knudson's Tavern, Cohagen Mont.
Posted by DJB (+102) 4 years ago
Does anyone have information on "Knudson's Tavern" in Cohagen Mont.? Have a 5 cent token from the tavern and would appreciate more info. Thanks!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14469) 4 years ago
Below is a picture of Cohagen. As you can see there isn't much there. If the "Cohagen Bar" (also pictured below) was once called Knudson's Tavern I wouldn't be surprised.

"Downtown" Cohagen, Montana by Jimmy Emerson, DVM, on Flickr

The Old Cohagen Bar by Jimmy Emerson, DVM, on Flickr
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14469) 4 years ago
In the 1940 census, Emil Knudson, age 38, was listed as residing in Cohagen, Montana. His occupation was "bartender". It appears Emil was the head of his one-person household and an unmarried man at the time.

mocavo.com: Emil Knudson 1940 Census
Posted by D. Matzen (+128) 4 years ago
My Uncle Harold Knudson and his brother Emil owned (or were part owners)of the Cohagen Bar. They then moved to Miles City I believe the early to mid 40's and bought the Mint Bar. That went through a couple owners and that property is owned by the US Bank.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13770) 4 years ago
Another good reason why Norwegians should not own taverns.
Posted by N Horn (+11) 4 years ago
We live near Cohagen and found some high school papers in the attic of our bunk house belonging to a Donald J Knudson, or maybe it's Darroll Knudson, there are some art drawings signed J.D K. Also some from Custer County High School 1928 with the same name. D Matzen could these be a relative of your uncles? We would love to return these papers to a relative.
+1
Posted by D. Matzen (+128) 4 years ago
My uncle had a some other brothers. There were quite a few kids in the family. One was Steve and (I think it was Darold)I wonder if it was a relative that stayed with them. I do have some papers thet might give me some more information. I will look and see!