Uptight people
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 6 years ago
I've noticed over the last year or so that there are a bunch new people in town who post here that don't have a sense of humor. Where did they all come from? I find it really sad that we have lost the ability to laugh at ourselves. 

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (11/24/2015 9:02:13 PM)]
+2
Posted by rhshilling (+83) 6 years ago
Their lives must suck!
I was over to the Reynold's the other night and there were two young ladies working in the cigarette/lottery ticket register area. They were joking around with each other when I walked up to the counter. They apologized for goofing around while I stood there. I told them my philosophy that it you can not have fun while at work, then what is the sense in even working in the place. I am pretty sure they went back to goofing off as I left the store.
+5
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 6 years ago
+1
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17439) 6 years ago
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#362842)
If this is in reference to the "winter activities" thread, that person may have no idea that you regularly post that one picture. Your humor may have been completely lost on them.
+2
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 6 years ago
If this is in reference to the "winter activities" thread, that person may have no idea that you regularly post that one picture. Your humor may have been completely lost on them.

Regularly??? I regularly put regular gas in my vehicle. I haven't posted the picture in question for at least a month.

There have been other threads in addition to the "winter activities" thread. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am getting old, I tend to use humor that relies on parochial memory of local events and situations that have happened in the last 50 years; it's sometimes highly nuanced, and these "young whipersnappers" would not likely know "funny" or "punny" if it slapped them in the face. 
+2
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9297) 6 years ago
I think David's point is that you might need to put some new material in your spank bank.
+6
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17668) 6 years ago
But back to Richard's original point, a sense of humor does seem to be missing here. Even old Rick Chicken Hawk had a good sense of humor.
+3
Posted by Oddjob (+188) 6 years ago
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#362842)
Richard Bonine, Jr. wrote:
I've noticed over the last year or so that there are a bunch new people in town who post here that don't have a sense of humor. Where did they all come from? I find it really sad that we have lost the ability to laugh at ourselves. 

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (11/24/2015 9:02:13 PM)]

I think what you mean here Richard is they don't have the "sense of humor" that appeals to Leftists. There are a number of people who post here regularly who think it is acceptable to marginalize those they disagree with, by mocking them or inferring they are idiots at best and racists and bigots at worst. When they get called on it, the usual rebuttal is that those who take exception to the attacks "have no sense of humor".
+6
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2107) 6 years ago
C'mon Richard Post the picture and get it over with.
+1