Grenz 584
Hollowell 1202
Shipley 30

Great Job People!
+6
Posted by Drieger (+18) 5 years ago
Who won council?
Posted by Exalted Buckaroo (+242) 5 years ago
So, the upshot is that if all of those voting marked a ballot for mayor then fewer voters and a lower percentage of those registered to vote (less than 1 in 5) can be bothered with deciding who will administer local government than in the prior election.

Congratulations to Mayor-elect Jon Hollowell. He'll make an excellent mayor for Miles City and was the clear and easy choice. However, this trend of anemic turnout in local elections is no cause for celebration. The impact of local government elections upon the residents of Miles City is far greater than that of state or federal elections.

Oh, and David Schott, let's not bet the horses*****ever, ever, ever, ever!!!***** OK? Duh.
+2
Posted by Rob Shipley (+459) 5 years ago
Good people of Miles City whom I wished to SERVE with all of my Christian heart, I finally, the hard way, have realized, you do not want me living here among you. So, immediately, this early morning, all of my $75,000 worth of antiques and collectibles are FOR SALE, plus (+) my home that I love, free and clear.
Asking $385,000 for the home, $485,000 with *all* antiques and furnished; and can and will sell it myself, so, I can evaluate any reasonable offers; finance it myself, accept trades, whatever. CATS for sale......7UD4s (2) of these, 3TD7 here in town, and a 14A D8 at a ranch in Brockton, Montana. 234-2477 [email protected]
I sincerely apologise before GOD to all of you I failed you all so miserably. Not gaining the office of mayor *legally*, I cannot now ever stop the *illegal* ONSLAUGHT of Butch Grenz and Jeff Noble.............LYING to Judge Al Homme.

Rob Shipley
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16491) 5 years ago
Reply to Exalted Buckaroo (#362342)
Ha, "E.B.", the voters of Miles City occasionally manage to surprise me.

Congratulations to Mayor-elect Hollowell and thank you to outgoing Mayor Grenz for your service to the community.
+2
Posted by MCMT59301 (+184) 5 years ago
Throw temper tantrums much? Getting only 30 votes doesn't mean that no one wants you to live here, it just means no one wants you to be the mayor.

But hey, if you want to throw a temper tantrum and move, then as they say, don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya on the way out.

+2
Posted by redmondroughneck (+80) 5 years ago
Rob, I will give you 10 cents for everything if you will clean the house before you leave. How in the world did you get 30 people to vote for you?

[Edited by redmondroughneck (11/4/2015 11:55:59 AM)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 5 years ago
Hmm... 385,000/(8000-30)=$48.30. Should we crowdsource this on gofundme as Buy Bobby Boatly's House?
+1
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1493) 5 years ago
A bit of a shame, I was looking forward to Richard's campaign.
+1
Posted by CarlosSantos (+876) 5 years ago
Reply to Rob Shipley (#362343)
Rob Shipley wrote:
Good people of Miles City whom I wished to SERVE with all of my Christian heart, I finally, the hard way, have realized, you do not want me living here among you. So, immediately, this early morning, all of my $75,000 worth of antiques and collectibles are FOR SALE, plus (+) my home that I love, free and clear.
Asking $385,000 for the home, $485,000 with *all* antiques and furnished; and can and will sell it myself, so, I can evaluate any reasonable offers; finance it myself, accept trades, whatever. CATS for sale......7UD4s (2) of these, 3TD7 here in town, and a 14A D8 at a ranch in Brockton, Montana. 234-2477 [email protected]
I sincerely apologise before GOD to all of you I failed you all so miserably. Not gaining the office of mayor *legally*, I cannot now ever stop the *illegal* ONSLAUGHT of Butch Grenz and Jeff Noble.............LYING to Judge Al Homme.

Rob Shipley

Don't you have a mortgage on this house? I thought you had said you were planning on suing Bank of America because you felt the mortgage was illegal.

I hate to jump into this stuff, but people should know that, if it is the case. I'd hate for someone who doesn't know to actually cut a deal with you and end up out of a large amount finances and out of a home.
Posted by MilesCityNative (+26) 5 years ago
My source says that the bank literally walked away from the house during the foreclosure process because it was such a mess (and because rob made public threats to kill the auctioneer). The bank cut their losses. Free house I guess. We will all pick up the tab with our interest rates in sure.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1493) 5 years ago
Reply to Exalted Buckaroo (#362342)
Exalted Buckaroo wrote:
...Oh, and David Schott, let's not bet the horses*****ever, ever, ever, ever!!!***** OK? Duh.

It's been many years since I bet on horses, but I think that even with 1 & 2 swapped, a baseball would've still paid?

In any event, he was remarkably close on the numbers, if not the horses.
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16491) 5 years ago
Reply to Drieger (#362341)
Drieger wrote:
Who won council?

Jeff Erlenbusch 238
Roxanna Brush 157

City voter turnout was 1808 votes cast out of 4586 registered voters (39.4% turnout).

This information came from the November 4, 2015, Miles City Star - page 1.
Posted by Oddjob (+187) 5 years ago
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#362339)
Richard Bonine, Jr. wrote:
Unofficial results... 
Grenz 584
Hollowell 1202
Shipley 30

Great Job People!

I'd bet a dollar that Butch isn't heart broke over this deal. Good luck to Mr.Hollowell.