How about some positivity?
Posted by busyB (+620) 6 years ago
Good Afternoon Miles City!

Perhaps its time to get passed the overwhelming negativity on this forum lately..

Has anyone had any good experiences in town recently?

Any shout-outs to good Samaritans?

Any people/organizations that deserve praise?

Let's be positive for a while.

READY.....

SET......

GO!
+1
Not a good sign, when there are NO responses, but people have at least checked in to down vote the thread..

Well, I'll start then.

I had lunch at the Grind the other day and it was incredible. Seriously, it made my day. I'm so glad to see that place has been turned around by its new owners.
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 6 years ago
I'm calling bullsiht on this... You, busyB ody, and MilesCityNative have been the agitators in Chief for the last week. You keep poking the bear with a stick. I asked you a week ago to stop. Your response was something along the lines of a crusade against "the bear" was in order because someone need to stand up to him.

Now you claim to want positivity. "Positivity" will happen quickly when you two throw your poking sticks in the fire and just STFU. Enough already!

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (11/3/2015 1:00:12 PM)]
+12
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17521) 6 years ago
For what it's worth, I had lunch at the Main Street Grind when I was in town last July and I would have to agree that it was very good. I would gladly go there again.
+3
Seriously?

I'm literally trying to bring positivity to this forum and you post that?

Forget it...

I asked a few questions that were never answered, and was called an idiot and naïve by someone else. I even recommended ways that person could get help... I think you're thinking of someone else. I never meant to agitate. All I did was ask questions about what the individual would do for the community and never got answers. I never said anything about standing up to anyone... I simply inquired and I feel I did it with quite a level of dignity and couth. Perhaps, you're thinking of the other agitators.

My attempt at positivity failed...

Best wishes milescity.com I think its time for me to retire from the forums.

Its just toxic at this point.

[Edited by busyB (11/3/2015 1:33:58 PM)]
+3
Posted by CarlosSantos (+878) 6 years ago
Richard, you need to take a look at yourself.

The only things I read from BusyB were honest and legitimate questions.

Why bring that here?

Enough of that.

I actually had a really good breakfast at the 600 this weekend with my whole family in tow. The place was packed, but our food still came out quickly and the portions are huge! It was delicious and our waitress was a total Gem! I'll certainly recommend that place to anyone who comes into town
+1
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2542) 6 years ago
After 13 long adult years, the Library Tarantula "Spidey" passed away a couple of weeks ago. She changed many lives in her 15+ years on this planet, and educated many hearts on the benefits of arachnids and "spiderbros" in our homes and lives.

The following video is full of happy, dancing spiders and is guaranteed to make your day. Be sure your speakers are turned UP and dance along...

There are many positives in this community, even in the face of loss and sadness. Celebrate the unique things, the challenging things, the things that bring us closer to together.

Some have suggested that a Peacock Spider would be the perfect new addition to the Library... but I don't know if I'm ready quite yet. We shall see.
+4
Posted by Jade S (+147) 6 years ago
There was an article in the paper a couple of years ago about my daughter, then 17, who had just become an athlete in judo at the Olympic Training Center in CO.

An update:

She is currently the 57kg brown belt National Champion. She has upcoming tournaments in Seattle,WA and Irving, TX. She is currently 13th in the Nation on the Senior roster.

We look forward to her continued success and we couldn't be more proud.
+5
Posted by Brandy Allen (-2416) 6 years ago
Congratulations to you daughter. I have said for some time now that a cities real potential lies with the youth being giving a format for success. I think Miles City is a wealth of untapped athletic potential and intellectual potential. Good job, keep updates coming on her national title hunt.
+3
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 6 years ago
+3
Posted by AUSTIN8 (-204) 6 years ago
Well my brother and I have been fishing out at Spotted Eagle and what a great place it is. We have met some very nice people from right here in Miles City. We had many questions about fishing at spotted Eagle and everybody that we visited with was more then willing to answer our questions and also share their experiences with us fishing at Spotted Eagle. Alot of folks would either be driving by or walking by and would stop by and ask how the fishing was,one guy even gave us some minnows. I lived here a few years ago and worked at EMCMHC then moved back to UT,knowing someday I would move back. Not bashing any of the other communities in Eastern Montana but Miles City is one of those places that even though has growed some still has the small town atmosphere that has not lost site of what I call the western tradition. Thanks for starting this topic ( How about some positivity).
+2