Accident on I 94?
supporter
Posted by Sunny (+376) 6 years ago
What happened on I 94 last night? Just west of Hathaway - eastbound lane was closed to all traffic.
Posted by Steven Dey (+400) 6 years ago
All I saw being released right now is that there was a death that is being investagated. Doesn't say what kind of death.

[Edited by Steven Dey (9/11/2015 4:44:05 PM)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11667) 6 years ago
I know we called around at the Star and came up with nada.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9998) 6 years ago
Death investigation near Forsyth closes highway

FORSYTH - A stretch of Interstate 94 east of Forsyth is closed as authorities investigate a death.

Rosebud County Sheriff Randy Allies confirmed Friday afternoon that his office, along with the state Division of Criminal Investigation, is investigating a death.

A DCI incident van was among the law enforcement vehicles at the scene late Friday afternoon. The scene stretched about 100 yards.

The eastbound lanes of the highway near mile marker 106 at Butte Creek Road near the small community of Rosebud is closed and traffic is being diverted, according to the sheriff's office Facebook page.

The Montana Department of Transportation website indicated the closure has been in place since about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.

Allies said the victim was a male in his early 30s whose name will be released Saturday. The death occurred about 9:30 p.m., but it was still unclear Friday afternoon how he died.

Allies said shortly after 5 p.m. that the highway will be reopened in the next few hours.

The Montana Attorney General’s Office is aware of the incident but would not comment on the investigation.

The Montana Highway Patrol is also assisting in the investigation.

http://www.ktvq.com/story...ar-forsyth
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9998) 6 years ago
Officials investigate death in Rosebud County

State and local officials in Rosebud County are investigating the death of a man along Interstate 94.

Rosebud County Sheriff Randy Allies said the man is from the Billings area. Officals have not released the identity of the victim, though he said that could come this weekend.

Allies confirmed that witnesses reported seeing the man walk into traffic. He added that they haven't yet been able to determine the exact cause of death.

The investigation included the Rosebud County Sheriff's Office, the Montana Highway Patrol and the state Division of Criminal Investigation. A portion of the interstate was closed for much of Friday. At 6:30 p.m., Allies said the roadway should reopen soon.

http://billingsgazette.co...abef3.html
supporter
Posted by Sunny (+376) 6 years ago
Thank you for the info.
Posted by Dr Mac (+74) 6 years ago
Several of us attending the all 60's CCHS reunion came through this today. Sort of a delay, but all made it. Sorry for any death and was a very curious shutdown of freeway for such a long time. My husband is retired police and he was astonished with the "incident" notice, etc., and being detoured off the freeway for about 30 miles. It was what it was! RIP dear victim.