Relay for Life Bake Sale at the Star
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11885) 6 years ago
The Miles City Star Relay team is having a bake sale at the Star on Friday. My kitchen has every bowl and pot and pan covered in chocolate in one form or another. Chocolate coffee brownies with coffee liqueur. Cinnamon chocolate terrine and cherry chocolate terrine. I have been licking pans. Anyway, there is a slight chance some of those items will be available for sale on Friday at the Star.

Or I may be just lying around the floor in a chocolate coma.
+3
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17407) 6 years ago
Ha ha, Amorette. I made a pan of brownies yesterday to take to a neighborhood "Night Out" event.

After mixing the brownies, my daughter wanted to lick the spoon. I cringe a bit at giving my kid batter with raw egg in it but what the heck. I gave her the spoon AND the bowl to clean up. She looked like Winnie the Pooh trying to get the last bit of honey out of the honey pot.
+2
Posted by Marla Prell (+21) 6 years ago
Here's the lineup so far: Steve's Famous Chocolate Cinnamon Terrine (so rich it may be illegal, and yes, there is alcohol in it!); Strawberry Cream Cheese White Chocolate Cookies; Miniature Apple, Cherry, Peach or Strawberry Pies; Zucchini Pineapple Bread; Cinnamon Rolls; Banana Bread; Chocolate Chip Cookies; Brownies; Caramel Corn and more! Get your goodies before they're gone!! Truth be told, we are our own best customers, so don't delay!!
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17660) 6 years ago
Reply to David Schott (#361008)
David Schott wrote:
.....I cringe a bit at giving my kid batter with raw egg in it but what the heck....:

That is your inner Miles City upbringing, making you cringe like that. I eat raw eggs all the time. Ever hear of Spaghetti Carbonera?

I read an interesting article a while ago how a lot of modern day maladies like gluten intolerance are likely to be the result of 20th-21st century upbringings where kids lack the proper amount of bacteria in their stomachs. I never worry about such things, as I eat half rotten things all the time, and am never sick.

Amorette, who is always sick....I suspect she is one of those upper midwestern clean freaks who are suffering poor health because of it.

Mmmmmm.......raw ground pork sausage. I ate this in Dusseldorf, it was exquisite.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11885) 6 years ago
Clean freak? Clearly you do not know me very well. Actually, I LOVE steak tartar with raw eggs and meat. And capers. I love capers.

Ahem. Anyway, various chocolate items wrapped and ready to go.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17407) 6 years ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#361030)
I worked at Miles City Packing Plant one summer and there was a meat cutter there who would eat raw ground beef. I think he mainly was doing it to get a reaction out of me.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15075) 6 years ago
Wish I was there. I make award winning brownies and have the spoon to prove it.