Children's Author Elin Fretland Ahmadpour, 7/24
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2535) 7 years ago

The Miles City Public Library is pleased to welcome author Elin Fretland Ahmadpour to a special book talk and reading of her children’s book Shiloh’s Desert Journey on Friday, July 24th from 2:00-3:00pm.

Miles City native Elin Fretland Ahmadpour is an English teacher and a poet. She has taught English as a Second Language in Iran, Japan, The United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.A. She loves writing rhyming poetic stories for children. She also enjoys writing inspirational rhyming sayings about life. Shiloh’s Desert Journey begins outside of Dubai, where there lives a nerdy near-sighted camel with knobby knees and an irritating wheeze. Shiloh is a nerdy, but endearing camel. He was kicked out of his herd because he is different from the other camels. Shiloh goes on an amazing heart-felt journey through the hot and humid desert outside of Dubai where meets some interesting creatures along the way. Four animal mentors teach Shiloh valuable lessons about life. However, it's after Shiloh "meets one of his own kind" that he truly learns it is O.K. to be his unique self.

Ahmadpour is visiting Miles City from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and will read Shiloh, talk on living in the Middle East, show photos and share information on Dubai and the UAE, as well as host a craft and activity for young people.

Copies of Shiloh’s Desert Journey will be available for purchase at the event. This presentation is free and open to the public.

For more information, please contact the Library: on the web at http://www.MilesCityPublicLibrary.org, at 1 S. 10th St, or phone 406-234-1496. Thank you for supporting your local library.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15311) 7 years ago
Very cool! Maybe she can also do a demonstration of how to milk a cow.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12282) 7 years ago
I take it you were in 4-H with her?
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 7 years ago
What age group would you say the book is appropriate for?
supporter
sponsor
Shiloh is a picture book, and according to Elin, suggested for ages 6-10. But really, picture books are for all ages.
+1
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3260) 7 years ago
I bought it when it came out, read it...and, sent it to my Granddaughter. I would say a good read for anyone and the illustrations are just wonderful too. So proud of Elin. Such a wonderful book. Be sure to attend if possible!
+2
supporter
Posted by cj sampsel (+479) 7 years ago
Is he the daughter of Mr. Fretland who taught Spanish for many years?
+1
supporter
sponsor
Correct, C.J.
The presentation was a delight this afternoon. Miles City always has such talent to offer.