Quite a Weekend for Miles City
Posted by KATLRadio (+176) 6 years ago
In Denver, The Custer County Cowgirls Varsity Basketball Team claimed the Tournament Title.

Right here in Miles City, The Miles City Mudcats (13U) defeated Helena to capture the 2015 State Championship. The Mudcats have advanced to the Regional Tournament which will be held in Meridian, Idaho.
+4
Posted by Tomm (-1031) 6 years ago
Too bad the Miles City Mavs don't get coverage.
Tomm,

Your statement is not accurate. Our Sports Director Andrew Bern attends Mavericks Home Games and conducts post-game interviews with players and coaches after each game. When the Mavericks are on the road, Head Coach Jeff Brabant calls Mr. Bern for an interview before the team heads back to Miles City. Be sure to listen to his sportscasts at 7:10AM, 12:45PM, and 5:45PM. The Mavericks appear 2-3 days a week on average.
+3
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9224) 6 years ago
It's probably Obama's fault.
+1
Posted by Tomm (-1031) 6 years ago
It would be nice to pass that along to your news paper. we live out of town and don't listen to KATL.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9224) 6 years ago
I don't think you're going to win this one KATLRadio - Tomm is old, white and pissed off, so please don't try and defend yourself with mere facts.
+3
Tomm,

We hope you will tune in sometime soon.
Posted by AshleyRoness (+35) 6 years ago
Tomm,

You also must remember the paper can only cover so many things plus they count on the community to help. They also do not currently have a sports reporter meaning they're short handed right now.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2052) 6 years ago
Get KATL on internet radio then you can listen to KATL
+2
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 6 years ago
Tom, the Mavs are covered in the Miles City Star frequently. After reading your post, I went back and checked my old newspapers against their schedule. The Star covered their games against the Blue Jays, the Jackson Hole tourney, the games against Glendive and the Harry Griffith Tourney. I could go on checking before the June 24th Harry Griffith, but you get the point.

Oh, and thank you KATL for the props for the Miles City Mudcats!! They deserve it!

You do a great job, Andrew, with the sports coverage for Miles City. We are lucky to have you.

[Edited by Denise Selk (7/16/2015 6:40:00 PM)]
+5
Listen in sports (12:45 & 5:45) as our own Andrew Bern caught up with Miles City Mudcats Co Head Coach Riley Horn to preview the Regional Tournament.

The Mudcats open pool play tomorrow at 9AM against Meridian.
Update:

Miles City Mudcats dropped their first game of pool play this morning 7-6 to Meridian.