Renting in Miles City?
Posted by rhshilling (+90) 6 years ago
Hello all. My name is Rob and I am new to these forums.

There is a very good possibility that my wife and myself will be moving to Miles City for her work. I have looked at the forums here and have seen very little in the way of housing rentals.

We will be looking for a 3 bedroom home for my wife and I, our soon to be born child and our 2 pets. We have 2 guinea pigs who have their own clean enclosure that is built like a bed, but with a cage around it.

What should we expect to pay for a 3 bedroom house or apartment? I have seen some of the new "hotel" looking structures there and think the prices are high, but I also realize that M. C. is close to the oil fields.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rob Shilling
Posted by Jesse Smith (+413) 6 years ago
It's not the oil field, it's just Miles City. There is and always has been a shortage of rentals in Miles City, so rents are higher here than other towns, and they aren't on the market for long. Most vacancies are filled in only a couple days.
Posted by athome (+366) 6 years ago
Rob,

We're hitting our lease expiration season and I may be able to
help you out.

You can reach me at 406.690.3623 to discuss precisely what you
need for your your family and when you would be needing the home.

Thank you.

Marc
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11786) 6 years ago
The population of Miles City is stunningly consistent. We go up a thousand, we go down a thousand, but we have hovered around 8,000 since 1917 so not much rental property is constructed. This has been a problem for a long time.

I do the Stardust column in the Miles City Star and in 1965, Judge Martin was new to Miles City and he couldn't find a house to live in.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17462) 6 years ago
Amorette is correct.

If everyone in America decided to become liberals like in the 1950s and 60s (not going to happen) that the best way to move this country forward is to turn eastern Montana into a National Park for free range bison, and all the ranchers were evicted by jack booted thugs off their property, the population of Miles City would be around 8,000 people.

If, however, the Tea Party took control of Congress, and Patriots could do whatever they please (within the US Constitution, of course), and people of color had to find work elsewhere, the population of Miles City would be around 8,000 people.
+3
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2052) 6 years ago
Now wait a minute North Dakota has first claim to being a National Park for Free Roaming Buffalo as it is already known as Buffalo Commons.