Posted by Joe R. Whalen (+229) 7 years ago
I'll just leave this here. Well done, BHS Committee.

+4
Posted by Dustin Strong (+118) 7 years ago
agreed
+2
Posted by Stu Hillis (+207) 7 years ago
It is pretty sad when the "WORLD FAMOUS BUCKING HORSE" committee has to bring in a top shelf bar entertainer from Alberta to headline the concert. Why can't the entertainment committee commission a top entertainer? and make The Bucking Horse Sale more of a family event instead of just a rodeo, street dance and a 3 day DRUNK. I can see why the attendance is continually dropping each year. Start THINKING BIG!! make it a WORD CLASS EVENT.
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11957) 7 years ago
You are new to the sale, aren't you?
+1
Posted by Tomm (-1038) 7 years ago
Nothing wrong with new blood and new ideas. Miles City should consider moving forward instead of being content with the good old way things are done.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 7 years ago
Why the hell does EVERYTHING have to be family friendly. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people blowing off a little steam and engaging is a weekend of debauchery. And for years the local churches have used this event to prosthelytize and condem those who want to have a good time.

====

Here is a band that I thing would be great for a street dance. The play regularly at the Wild Horse in Durango. The High Rollers...

Here is another one. Play some Hip Hop
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11957) 7 years ago
The BHS has been CONSTANTLY changing. Notice this year they only sold 45 bucking horses.

When I was a kid, there were bucking horses and horse races. No bulls. Matched bronc rides came and went over the decades. Wild horse races also have come and gone.

The parade started about ten years in.

All the activities in the park, like the Quick Draw and farmers market and food, none of that existed until the 1980s.

There were professional wrestlers a couple of times.

There was an ice cream social but it wasn't adequately patronized so it went away.

Carnivals have come and gone over the years.

If you think you have great ideas for improving the BHS, trot down to the Chamber and volunteer.

Oh, and attendance hasn't been dropping steadily. HORSE sales are dropping because the market for horses is so bad but hotels fill up, money is spent and a good time is had by most people.
+6