How to follow the Montana Legislarue
Posted by Bill Mac (+69) 6 years ago
Hope this helps those of you who are interested. I hope you number in the thousands.

Following the 2015 Montana Legislature
“you can get anything you want at Alices R e s t aurant”
OR IN THIS CASE THE HOME PAGE OF MONTANA LEGISLATIVE SERVICES
Once you’ve opened this document put your mouse pointer on the blue link and click while holding down the ctrl button
http://leg.mt.gov/css/default.asp
1. Look Up Bill Information: Click on “Bills – 2015 Laws” from the menu on the left of the home page. In you know the bill number or LC (bill draft number) you can enter it. OR look up bill information based on which legislature is introducing it OR by subject. At the bottom of this page you can also access:

List All Introduced and Unintroduced Bills
Search the Text of Bills Using Keywords
Directory Listing of Introduced Bills
Directory Listing of Unintroduced Bill Drafts
Advanced Bill Searching

2. 2015 Regular Session Information:
Click on the icon on the HOME page (LAWS, committees, schedules, bills)
Here you can access much of the information listed above as well as daily agendas for the House, Senate and individual committees. You can also find out how your elected legislator voted on particular issues.
I suggest that if you want to look at the daily TODAY’S AGENDA of either the House or Senate that you click on the “Advanced” link
3. You can also watch and / or listen to daily happenings as well as access video and audio of prior committee and floor session by clicking on the WATCH AND LISTEN link on the left MENU. Also at the bottom of the HOME PAGE will be a list of CURRENT STREAMING SCHEDULE.
4. I suggest when you have the time to click on links from both the MENU on the left side of the HOME PAGE but also at the TOP of that page. The links on the top will give you access to a treasure trove of information from the professional, full time staff, of the legislature.
founder
Posted by Bill Mac (+69) 6 years ago
Thanks David, Thought I had them bracketed .... So much for my thinking....
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16663) 6 years ago
You did have the links tagged with [url]...[/url] but between the tags was just the text for the link (not the actual URL/web address). I think when you copied the links from the Legislature website you only got the descriptive text/title of the link. So for example you right-clicked and selected "Copy" and not "Copy Shortcut" (IE) or "Copy Link Location" (Firefox).

The Webmaster has removed the URL tags from your links because they weren't working.

Thanks for keeping people apprised of the MT Legislature's activities.