webcam link
founder
Posted by Ken Ziebarth (+311) 6 years ago
I suppose the deliberate omission of a link to the Main Street webcam has some history. Might the new format be a time for reconsideration?
KZ
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9954) 6 years ago
I would be happy to add a preview image linking to the webcam on the front page of MilesCity.com (like existed with the 2 previous webcams), however the owners of the current webcam are unwilling to allow that. That's what they last told me anyway. If they have changed their stance, then they should contact me.
founder
Posted by Ken Ziebarth (+311) 6 years ago
I'm not surprised they won't allow the image without the ads that pay for it. I was only asking about a possible link, maybe down with the wiki and yearbooks or up near the weather.

[Edited by Ken Ziebarth (1/6/2015 8:57:27 PM)]
admin
founder
Well, considering (A) last I tried, they would not respond to any of my e-mails, (B) I've been told they've bad mouthed me and MilesCity.com to local businesses behind my back, (C) I provided detailed specs for a "Miles City Live" service in confidence to them (before it was fully implemented) and they stole the name, and ran with it creating their own version after leading me on, and ... whatever else ... I doubt that will happen.

However, it's in their court. If they open up the feed so I can place an icon on the front page of the site, I'll re-consider re-adding it.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2308) 6 years ago
Here's my two cents:

The project they have currently seems to be working rather well. I'm not a major fan of the website setup, nor design, however what I see is very basic with my fully enabled AdBlock for their website. My version, "Miles Cam cityCam 2.0" was not HD, and purely donation supported, and very much flawed. And the past was far worse than the current iterations. At least I can say we have a functional HD live broadcast from Main Street that stays online even when the power has failed.

However, Larry... I have a few ideas coming up in this year that I shall be running by you. No business is complete without a bit of competition, is it?
admin
founder
Josh Rath wrote:
However, Larry... I have a few ideas coming up in this year that I shall be running by you. No business is complete without a bit of competition, is it?

Sure! Drop me a note when you get a chance.