Ross Connors: Best football player in Bellevue...
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17514) 7 years ago
If I'm not mistaken, Ross is the grandson of the late Dan and Sue Connors, son of John and Kathy Connors.

The last time I saw Ross he was about 3 years old. He was eating a banana and it fell out of the peel onto the kitchen floor. John scooped up the banana, rinsed it off under the kitchen faucet, and handed it back to Ross. He refused to eat it after it had been on the floor. "No, it put germs in me," he protested. Smart kid.

[f][/f]
Seattle Times: Ross Connors: Best football player in Bellevue history?

Ross Connors: Best football player in Bellevue history?

Coaches say his “nose for the ball” sets him apart for the Wolverines, who seek a seventh straight state 3A title Friday night.

By Josh Liebeskind
The Seattle Times

BELLEVUE — Some boys grow up dreaming of the bright lights of the NFL. Others yearn to play on Saturdays for their favorite college team.

All Ross Connors ever wanted was to be a Bellevue Wolverine.

“It’s been a dream of mine to play here,” said Connors, a senior who plays a hybrid of linebacker and defensive back for Bellevue. “I’ve never even thought about (playing in) college or anything like that. All I’ve ever wanted to do is be a Wolverine.”

More than a decade after the first time an awestruck kid first sat on the metal bleachers of Bellevue Memorial Stadium, Connors will strap on his pads, buckle his helmet and lead the Wolverines for the last time. It is the final chapter for a defensive player who coach Butch Goncharoff says may be the best to emerge from his storied program.

“We’ve had a lot of good ones,” Goncharoff said. “He’s special, though.”

That is no small honor considering Bellevue has been saturated with Division I talent for more than a decade and seeks its seventh consecutive Class 3A state high-school football championship at 7:30 Friday night at the Tacoma Dome when it plays Eastside Catholic. For proof, look no further than the last two Seattle Times state players of the year, Budda Baker and Myles Jack. Baker is a starting safety for Washington as a freshman and Jack is the reigning Pac-12 Freshman of the Year at UCLA.

“He is kind of what it’s about,” Goncharoff said of Connors. “It’s hard to explain what it’s about, but heart outweighs talent, and he has heart and brains.”

READ MORE HERE.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3267) 7 years ago
That is interesting. Thanks David. Nice to see a young guy doing so great.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 7 years ago
I hear he's looking at MSU.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 7 years ago
After a four year stellar careel at MSU maybe the can rename Breeden Fieldhouse to Connors Stadium.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (12/3/2014)]
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1801) 7 years ago
yeah, his Uncle Kevin who is the football coach at Red Lodge had posted about this on Facebook - Football runs in the family, indeed.

It is, of course, his choice where he goes to play college ball but I'd be surprised if he went to MSU. With the talent he's said to have and his football pedigree I would think he'd eye some Pac 12 Schools or others from the upper division.

Nevertheless he's had a great HS career and I wish him well as a college player wherever he ends up.