Meet the new House Republicans
founder
Posted by Larry Antram (+177) 6 years ago
The Billings Gazette wrote:
Meet the new House Republicans.

Ryan Zinke, a former Navy SEAL elected in Montana, has gotten attention for calling Hillary Rodham Clinton “the antichrist.”

“Do I really believe that she is the antichrist? That answer would be ‘no,’” Zinke said in an interview. “But I do get a little emotional about Benghazi, and I, like the rest of America, want answers.”

In September 2012, when Clinton was secretary of state, the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were killed in the eastern city of Benghazi when militants stormed a U.S. diplomatic post and, hours later, fired on a CIA compound nearby. Some Republicans argue the U.S. military held back assets that could have saved lives and that President Barack Obama and Clinton lied to the public about the nature of the attack.

In North Carolina, Mark Walker is a pastor who suggested using fighter jets to deal with illegal immigration. He says his comments were taken out of context and that he was talking about a way to oppose drug cartels.

In Wisconsin, a longtime and low-key Republican, Tom Petri, is being replaced by firebrand state lawmaker Glenn Grothman, who referred to protesters at the state Capitol in Madison as “a bunch of slobs” and has opposed equal-pay legislation because “you could argue that money is more important for men.”

In Georgia, Jody Hice, a Baptist minister and conservative talk show host, has said that being gay is a lifestyle that “enslaves” people and that he doesn’t have a problem with a woman being in politics as long as she’s “within the authority of her husband.”

http://billingsgazette.co...aba3c.html
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14724) 6 years ago
Dang it, Larry.... Someone might not move to because you posted this unpleasantness.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+790) 6 years ago
I wish I could move to Tuscany.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16502) 6 years ago
Have you considered Forsyth?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8985) 6 years ago
...where the streets would be paved with gold, if it wasn't for that damned indoor pool.
Posted by Chuck Schott (+1289) 6 years ago
Meet the new boss same as the old boss! The Who 1971