Halloween Kid Count
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9615) 5 years ago
Okay, since Halloween Night is upon us ... keep track and post how many kids show up at your house. It will be interesting to see how many show up here tonight compared to other places I've lived.

:bat:
Posted by Stan Wheeler (+1176) 5 years ago
We had 22 at our house on S. Custer.
admin
founder
Here's our place (in Billings), and we also turned on the porch light tonight ...

And so far ... a big fat ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. Very disappointing. Has the world changed or something? I figured we would have 100 kids.

Went out and looked around, and there are a few other houses decorated well, with pumpkins and lights and such, but no Trick-or-Treaters as far as I can see. Perhaps everyone is paranoid, or I dunno. Sigh.

First kid that does show up is going to get a ton of candy!

:bat:
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14008) 5 years ago
I've lost exact count but so far in 1.5 hours we've had around 50 kids. It poured (poured!) rain here in Seattle this morning but stopped raining this afternoon and it has been a good night for trick-or-treaters.
Posted by Stacie (+140) 5 years ago
I had close to 40 on S. Jordan! That's the most I've ever had. Turned out the porch light at 8 o'clock.
supporter
Posted by Sunny (+375) 5 years ago
It was a slow start tonight - the count was slightly lower than in prior years. We had 268. We live in Miles City.
supporter
Posted by kent koester (+289) 5 years ago
we ran out of candy at 8:15 and shut the lights off Kid count 185
admin
founder
Well, we called it at 10PM. Took the pumpkins and threw them to the deer standing out back in the dark. Total kids. 0. Total deer. 10. At least the deer got a treat.
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+735) 5 years ago
Were the big counts south side, golf course area. 0 here.
supporter
Posted by Grandma Hoopy (+143) 5 years ago
We had our normal 2 (new neighbors that moved in 2 years ago have 2 little kids). Before them, zero, but I make sure we have at least 6 bags of candy (good chocolate bars of course). We live in Grapeview, WA.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9321) 5 years ago
It’s around 10:00 – we had 30 kids show up at the door tonight to hit us up for candy. It snowed a bit here in King Salmon today, but it didn’t get too cold. Last year we had 26 trick or treaters, the year before we had 46 show up. Thirty is probably pretty decent – the population of the village is around 320, so 10% (more or less) of the people who live here stopped by this evening.
Posted by donlarose (+26) 5 years ago
41 on 400 block of Yellowstone. Lights off at 8:30 PM.
Our normal each year since we moved here 9 years ago.
Posted by Oddjob (+189) 5 years ago
It was an off year. We live in an Elementary school neighborhood so there are a lot of people here with kids. Normally the average on Halloween is 60-70 with some years +100, but last night got off to a slow start and never really picked up. Most of them came between 7:30 to 8:30, then nothing. We might have had 40 or so including some that came twice. The first Halloween we lived in this house it was -10 degrees on Halloween and we had more kids Trick or Treat that year than last night..Perfect night too, Dry, calm and about 50 degrees.
Posted by Ms Dinger (+186) 5 years ago
I just wanted to add...as a mom I was impressed with the turn out of kids and homes handing out candy. Every year Im thankful to live in a community (Miles City) that really gets into the holidays and makes it special for the kids. Just would like to say thank you to all that did hand out candy and make the night special for my princess and also to the Holy Rosary, & Sleep Inn for their fun activities; and the Miles City police also watching over the kids and handing out candy-- it was a great night
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13445) 5 years ago
Here in Helena, we had around 40. Which is totally bizarre, as last year we got zero.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9729) 5 years ago
Around 40. Good turnout for us. With the new paint and porch light, I think our house looks less like a genuine haunted house. One little girl told me I had a pretty house. Last caller was a Ninja Turtle a little after nine. His dad had his bag in the car but he insisted on one last stop. He got a handful. I also had the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, who told me I was cool because not only did I recognize them, I admired their sonic screwdrivers.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+2882) 5 years ago
We had 13 at 1010 Pleasant St. in MC. Finally shut down at nine p.m. The ones we had were wonderful! Kids are so cute.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2495) 5 years ago
We had well over 100 at our house (S. Lake) with tons of great consumes! We shut our light off at 9:00pm.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 5 years ago
In my kid-filled neighborhood we only got about 40-50. The weather was fantastic and it was a Friday. I expected a lot more than that. We seem to pretty much get the same amount regardless of the variables. It certainly was much higher when we moved here 20 years ago though.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14008) 5 years ago
I think when Halloween falls on a Friday or Saturday night the kids (and adults) are more likely to attend parties and trick-or-treater numbers are down. That's my theory.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 5 years ago
WE had less than 30 at our place in Billings. Used to have over a hundred. But my theory is that the big Halloween deco down on Clark has turned from being kid friendly..as in little kids...to a zombie scare the crap out of kids. So the little kids are no longer haunting our neighborhood. Guessing they're going to the big evangelical churches or the mall.