OKTOBERFEST!!! Sponsored by the Custer County Democrats
THIS Saturday, September 20th, 1:00 - 3:00 pm
VFW 119 N. 6th St. - Adults $10 & Children $5
Food, Entertainment and Pie Auction plus Local Candidates
For Tickets or More info, call:
234-9288 232-2134 234-8765
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16971) 6 years ago
Have a great time! I just tapped my keg of homebrewed Oktoberfest lager and it is dee-licious! Excellent malt flavor with a perfect balance of spicy noble German hops. Prost!
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+793) 6 years ago
Man. I wish I could join you join you. I'll be there in spirit. Be sure to give some kudos to and others who worked so hard to keep it going for so long. We started Oktoberfest back in 1998.
Posted by Tomm (-1037) 6 years ago
Will not be there. If you are only paying $10 to go, it isn't worth it.
Posted by gypsykim (+1564) 6 years ago
Got my tickets today!! See everyone tomorrow.
Posted by Barb Cole (+95) 6 years ago
Tomm, We would be happy to charge YOU $50!!
Posted by Erin Timrawi (+50) 6 years ago
I'm pretty sure there's a provision in Obamacare that makes Custer County's Oktoberfest affordable to all
Betty, Sorry you won't be here to join us! You were always the spirit of Oktoberfest! I hear you've sent a generous donation to buy a pie for a certain person. Very nice of you!

For those attending or thinking about attending, we have some delicious homemade pies that will be auctioned! Some of the varieties include huckleberry rhubarb, pecan, apple, raspberry rhubarb and more!

Come join us for brats and sauerkraut, German potato salad, local candidates and some fun!
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2647) 6 years ago
Mom made Peach, Blueberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, and Rhubarb Cream.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16971) 6 years ago
Dang. Kelly's mom's pies sound excellent. Wish I wasn't 400 miles away.
Kelly's mom makes the very best pies. I suggest you get to the VFW early if you haven't already got a ticket or if you do have a ticket so you can get a good seat. It's always a sellout.
We had a great turnout and a fun time. Pie bakers and candidates enthusiastically described and promoted the pies; it was very entertaining! The pie auction brought in an amazing $1400!
Wow!! Good for you, Barb. I'm so glad it was a success.
An apple pie was purchased with your donation, Betty, and the designated recipient was very pleased to receive it as he wasn't up to attending the event. I can testify to the fact that it was a pie well chosen as I got to have some and it was delicious! Thanks again!
I'm glad he liked it. Give him my love.