Weak or No Signal While Watching Cable
Posted by D.Curry (+3) 7 years ago
For awhile now we have been experiencing either freeze frame or "Weak or No Signal" messages while watching some of our favorite shows through Mid Rivers Cable. I spoke to an employee there and found out that it revolves from the new "communications" tower that Century Link recently built behind the Wagoner Chiropractic building. Seems that this tower is taller than Mid Rivers towers and that it will ping off of Mid River's towers creating weak or no signal issues for those of us watching television through Mid Rivers. It was suggested that this information get put out there to the public's knowledge so that if you are having this same issue, please DO complain!!! It will help Mid Rivers to fight the battle they will have to face with Century Link over this tower.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14936) 7 years ago
Well, if complaining is all that needs to happen, this should be a slam dunk for Mid-Rivers. MC.comers are expert at complaining.
Posted by D.Curry (+3) 7 years ago
I have to agree with you there Richard. Although the complaints need to be called in to Mid Rivers so that they can justify their number of complaints to Century Link or who ever they need to show the numbers to to get the problem resolved.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2303) 7 years ago
Odd. I was unaware that Midrivers Cable Television was delivered over the air...
Posted by K. D. (+359) 7 years ago
I guess I took it as the tower signal is interfering with the Midrivers' satellite dishes on Yellowstone hill.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+795) 7 years ago
I just read that a giant flare out from a solar storm is approaching earth. It may cause disruption to grids, satellites and our cable TV.

It will also cause the Northern lights in the Northwest. Watch the sky.

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Emilsson (9/12/2014)]
Boy, is my face red! Apparently the solar flare struck earth Friday morning, 9:35 ET with no apparent major disruptions
So you can go back to grousing about your cable.

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Emilsson (9/14/2014)]
Posted by Mid-Rivers (+29) 6 years ago
While there are some "sun spot" issues that all cable providers experience during late September / early October each year, such interruptions or weaknesses in signal are typically brief. If you are experiencing any kind of problem with your cable TV or any other Mid-Rivers services, please call us at 800-452-2288 or contact your LOCAL Mid-Rivers office. Thanks!