Blanche Mae Wood (1950-2014)
supporter
Posted by Diana Crippen (+134) 6 years ago
Mueller's Tri-Cities Funeral Home

Blanche Mae Wood, 64, passed away on Friday, August 8, 2014. Blanche was born February 18, 1950 in Miles City, Montana, the daughter of Eugene and Mae Wood, of Stacey, Montana. She attended the South Stacey School through the eighth grade, graduating from Custer County High School in Miles City in 1968. She then attended Montana State University for three years, graduating with a BA in Education from the University of Washington in 1973. In 1988, she earned a BS in Computer Science from Washington State University Tri-Cities.

Blanche and John Bailey were married in 1971; after three years stationed at Ft. Lewis and one year in South Korea, they raised their sons Michael (1972) and Keith (1975) in Kennewick, Washington. From 1984 to 2011, Blanche worked for Battelle (Pacific Northwest National Labs), as a software developer in the information science department, eventually becoming a group and project manager on the project FEMIS -- Federal Emergency Management Information System.

Blanche had an infectious zest for life. She was an avid reader, loved to bowl, travel, play pinochle and hike with friends and family. She completed various marathons and charity walks, including two 60-mile Susan B. Komen 3-day Walks for the Cure in Boston and in Phoenix.

She was formerly an active leader in the Boy Scouts, loved to quilt and later in life developed a passion for photography.

She was a beloved mother, sister, aunt and friend and Blanche's joyful spirit and generous heart will be greatly missed in her community and by all who knew her. Her family would like to extend a heartfelt and sincere thank you to the many friends and neighbors who cared for and supported her.

Blanche is survived by her two sons, Michael and Keith Bailey, of Kennewick, WA; two sisters, Helen Jeanne Jones (Walt) of Cottonwood, AZ and Sandra Wood, of Volborg, MT; one brother, Stephen Wood (Jan), of Billings, MT; her stepmother, Elphie Wood, of Billings, Montana; three nephews, three nieces and 12 grand-nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, August 16th, from 3:00pm--5:30pm at the Tagaris Winery, 844 Tulip Lane, Richland, Washington. Should friends desire, memorials may be made to The Scleroderma Foundation, 300 Rosewood Drive, Suite 105, Danvers, MA 01923 (http://www.scleroderma.org) or to Modern Living Services, Kennewick, WA 99338 (http://www.modernlivingservices.org).

The family invites you to sign their online tribute wall at http://www.muellersfuneralhomes.com.
Published in Tri-City Herald on Aug. 13, 2014
Print | View Guest Book
Funeral Home
Mueller's Tri-Cities Funeral Home
1401 S. Union St. Kennewick, WA 99338
(509) 783-9532
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8441) 6 years ago
Thank you for posting this Diana, Blanche was my aunt.

I believe there's going to be a memorial service out at the Stacey Hall over Labor Day weekend for anyone interested in attending.
supporter
Posted by Diana Crippen (+134) 6 years ago
You are very welcome. I live out in WA state, so if I see something related to your area in our local paper I try to post. I would sure like this kind of info on friends and relatives who had left my area.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14302) 6 years ago
I am sorry for your loss, Bridgier. My condolences to you and your family.