Fantasy Football Question
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 7 years ago
Hopefully there are some fantasy football people out here.

Here's my question:

I really want to draft Tim Tebow this year. Do you think he'll still be available in the second round?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 7 years ago
He just wins games.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 7 years ago
If you do draft Tebow, you should then draft Michael Sam to get some sort of theocratical balance to your team.
supporter
If only our league allowed us to draft IDPs (Individual Defensive Players).

Thinking I'll also draft Ray Rice and John Football.
supporter
Hey, remember "Johnny Montana" (don't remember his real name) who played for the Griz in the early 'naughts?

Man, that guy was a scrub!

I learned to hate the Griz during that time period due to the fact that Griz games pre-empted real (i.e. D1) football and the Griz play-by-play guy was the procreateing worst.

I'll still be rooting for the Griz when they visit Fargo next month...
supporter
Are you talking about Joe's significantly less talented son?
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1226) 7 years ago
John Edwards from Billings was the Griz QB nick named Johnny Montana by then coach Joe Glenn. He led them to the national championship in 2001. Much like TT all he did was win games.

Now a successful attorney in Billings, he often does TV commentary during Griz games. :!
supporter
Bridgier:

Nope. Ike is right.

Ike: That guy was a scrub. He couldn't throw the ball 10 yards. The Griz won the title in '01 despite the efforts of Johnny Montana.
Where's Tim Tebow playing football now, anyway?????

I think Joe Montana's kid was Nate, and he was a scrub too!
supporter
BTW, Joe Glenn is now coaching at the University of South Dakota.
supporter
He kind of shat the bed there in Wyoming, although I think that's got as much to do with structural/recruiting issues than it does with Mr. Glen.
supporter
Bridgier:

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how Craig Bohl, FORMER HEAD COACH OF THE THREE-TIME DEFENDING NCAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SUBDIVISION CHAMPION NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY BISON, will do at the coaching graveyard that is Wyoming.
Posted by MeganBowles (+58) 7 years ago
As an avid University of Wyoming fan we are very excited about what is happening with the football program right now! Go Pokes!!!
supporter
MW == D1.5
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 7 years ago
If you have the number one pick in your league, you would be a fool not to draft LeSean McCoy.

I had the 8th pick last year, in a 10 team league, and I rode that stud all the way to win the Super Bowl.

Fortunately for us, this is an enlightened board that Larry administers, so no one will pick apart my previous sentence in this post.
supporter
Bridgier: +1

The Bison faithful couldn't believe Craig Bohl would leave NDSU to go to Laramie, Wyoming.

So a local sportwriter made up some poop about how Wyoming was going to be invited to the Big 12. That's why Bohl left the great NDSU program. To coach Wyoming in the Big 12.

Like the Big 12 really covets the lucrative Cheyenne/Laramie TV market.

High comedy.

[This message has been edited by Bob L. (8/20/2014)]