Celebration of Life for Gene Larson
supporter
Posted by Diona Austill (+185) 5 years ago
August 16th at 6 p.m. At the Range Riders Museum. Starting with a potluck. Lee Ackers will lead the celebration. Hope to see you there!
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 5 years ago
Thank you for letting us know.
supporter
You bet.
supporter
Just want to keep this up top.
Thanks,
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+789) 5 years ago
Gene was a lovely man of many talents. I send my condolences to his many friends who feel a loss.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+789) 5 years ago
I wish I could join you.
supporter
Wish you could too! Hope we get to see lots of Gene's friends!
supporter
Tonight at 6 at Range Riders!
Posted by Beth R. Riggs (+299) 5 years ago
Hi. He will be missed. I will try to be there.
Posted by Joe Whalen (+616) 5 years ago
Many thanks to the Austill family for coordinating this thoughtful memorial and to Lee Akers for presiding as the master of ceremonies for our past cultural ambassador at the Pioneer Room last night. Fellow broadcasters & journalists, print makers, members of the local HAM radio community, and close friends shared personal and professional stories of encounters with the Dot Man during his remarkable life.

His legacy, immortalized in the series of prints documenting the landmarks and scenes of what will one day soon be celebrated as the downtown historic district, is Miles City's legacy and a gift to us all.
supporter
Thank you Joe. It was an awesome evening. Loved all the stories, tears and all!

Diona
Posted by Beth R. Riggs (+299) 5 years ago
Thank you Joe. You have put into words what I've been thinking since the celebration. I was thinking that Gene Larson, the Austills and Lee Akers show the best side of Miles City, the creativity and the community caring.
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1908) 5 years ago
For years, I've had people to call when I wanted to talk about 'old stuff.' Johnnie Thomas. Robin Gerber. Mary Haughian. My mom. Gene Larson. None of them are reachable by phone these days.