Miles City man dies in accident near Fairview
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+760) 7 years ago
posted in the Sidney june 20th paper"

Posted: Friday, June 20, 2014 4:16 pm

A 22-year-old man from Miles City died from injuries suffered in a two-vehicle accident near Fairview Friday morning.

The North Dakota Highway Patrol has not released the name of the victim.

The patrol reports the man was driving a 2005 Dodge Stratus and traveling southbound on North Dakota Highway 58. He came to a stop at the intersection of ND Highway 58 and Highway 200. A 2007 Peterbilt, driven by a 24-year-old Palm Harbor, Fla. man, was also traveling southbound on Highway 58 and failed to stop at the intersection.

The Peterbilt rear ended the Stratus to cause both vehicles to run off the road into an irrigation ditch. The Stratus overturned and came to rest upside down. The 22-year-old was trapped in the vehicle and extricated by emergency personnel.

Both men were transported to the Sidney Health Center by Fairview ambulance. The driver of the Stratus died of a result of injuries suffered in the crash. The accident happened at 7:10 a.m.
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 7 years ago
Always devastating when someone that young dies,but hopefully justice will be brought! Prayers for the family!
Posted by snookie (+230) 7 years ago
I have never heard another word about this in the newspaper or obituaries. Has anyone heard any more?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 7 years ago
The North Dakota Highway Patrol has identified the driver killed in an accident Friday morning near Fairview.

According to the North Dakota Highway Patrol, 22-year-old Jonathan Hamilton of Montana stopped his car at the intersection of Highway 58 and Highway 200 east of Fairview.

24-year-old Rafael Gonzalea-Garcia of Florida was driving a semi behind him and failed to stop, rear-ending the car and causing both vehicles to run off the road into an irrigation ditch.

Both men were transported to Sidney Medical Center where the driver of the car died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.

Hamilton was not wearing a seatbelt.

The driver of the semi is being charged with negligent homicide.
Posted by snookie (+230) 7 years ago
Thanks.
Posted by Levi Liles (+38) 7 years ago
I knew him, it's sad another person has to die due to these idiotic oilfield drivers. I hope this son of a bitch gets the book thrown at him.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2629) 7 years ago
Levi, I'm sure your upset and have every right to be. But to lump all oifeild workers as idiots is also sad. I know quite a few people who work over there and none of them are idiots.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 7 years ago
I have traveled that route many times in my trips from Minot to MC. 58 used to be a fast cut across without much traffic from Williston to the Montana line. But since all the oil activity it is a real heavy traveled highway,bumper to bumper with semi's and everything else at a higher speeds. It has only a stop sign where it meets 200 which is just as heavily traveled. They have made some improvements on 58 but not at that junction. Over the years I have always feared that intersection when approaching with semi's at high speed in my rear view mirror.
Posted by Levi Liles (+38) 7 years ago
I'm not saying they are all idiots, I'm saying the idiots that don't belong there. They were cutting grass last year and now they are a professional semi driver even though they barely know what they are doing. I worked in the oil field for three years so I can safely say there are plenty of idiots who shouldn't be there.