Friday, June 23, 1989
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12212) 8 years ago
The Balloon Rally was going on and "kids on the street" were asked would you like to ride in a hot air balloon? One answer was: "Yeah, I think it would be fun, but I'm so scared of heights that once I'd been up there, they'd have to pry me out of the balloon."

That honest answer came from Cory Cutting.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2658) 8 years ago
I remember that very well. Right across from ACE, and the radio station was there were CAA is now. They just let you walk around that night and see the balloons when they lite those things up was almost as amazing as waking up the next morning real early to watch them go right over my parents house on N Haynes. Great memories thanks for the reminder.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17910) 8 years ago
I'm with Cory, and watch out for those power lines.

By the way, I don't think Cory was very little in 1989. (I was tempted to say he wasn't very young or very kid-like in 1989 but the older I get the more that age seems young and kid-like.)
Posted by MR (+395) 8 years ago
Loved the Balloon Rallys when they were held here. Wish we could have that again. Balloon Glow was very cool !
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1270) 8 years ago
The funny thing is that a few years later I did take a ride during the rally and it ended up being one of the coolest things I've ever done! I wasn't scared at all! But I still hate heights!

Thanks Amorette for stirring the memories once again!
Posted by RA (+646) 8 years ago
LOVED being on the ground crew......and the reward of getting to take a ride. THANKS for bringing back the memories!
Posted by JessicaLee (+153) 8 years ago
Great memories......I loved it when they did that here. Fun and beautiful!!!!
Posted by Martin Draper (+77) 8 years ago
Wear a cap, them torches are mighty hot.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1792) 8 years ago
I was in Miles for this rally one year...I think it was around '92 or '93. The sight was pretty cool, only thing I didn't like was that I was obligated to get up at 4:30-5:00am those mornings because of my radio station job because the balloons only fly in early mornings. It was pretty colorful, I remember that much.