Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3745) 14 years ago

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIA...index.html

We WILL rebuild!!

God Bless The USA!
Posted by Roxanna Brush (+125) 14 years ago
Thanks Kyle.
Posted by donlarose (+26) 14 years ago
Please never forget this day, I compare it to Pearl Harbor, another sneak attack by radicals. Support our troops instead of hampering them.
Posted by Valerie Pachl (+62) 14 years ago
Please keep in your thoughts and prayers Rich and Karen Gray & family! They lost a son yesterday in IRAQ! I wish we could bring them all home alive!
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 14 years ago
Oh my gosh. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Rich, Karen, Borden and the rest of the family. We are so, so sorry.

Murrey and Denise.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 14 years ago
And never forget that Iraq had NOTHING to do with the attacks of September 11.
supporter
Classy. Very classy.

Let's move this discussion to a thread of its own before it digresses.

[This message has been edited by Denise Selk (edited 9/11/2007).]
Posted by Linda Morgan (+580) 14 years ago
Good point to always remember Amorette.....they are two entirely different issues.....
Amorette & Linda,

This post has NOTHING whatsoever to do with ANY discussion of Iraq. I started this solely to remember the 3,000+ people who were viscously slaughtered 6 years ago on this date. If you want to discuss Iraq then there are a million other threads here dealing with that issue that you could've made those comments at. Again this was solely to remember this day 6 years ago and all those live that were lost.

I am more than a little offended that you would try to highjack this thread of remembrance with comments like those.

Like Linda said they are two entirely different issues..... so let's keep it that way.

[This message has been edited by Kyle L. Varnell (edited 9/11/2007).]
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2705) 14 years ago
Kyle:

There is a reason these postings are called "threads." The topic by default will wind around from point to point like winding thread around a set of objects.
Kelly,

True but like I said this was solely to remember those lives lost on this date 6 years ago. It was NOT to get another discussion of "Iraq had nothing to do with 911, we need to bring the troops home." going again.

There were a million other posts that Amorette and Linda could've made those comments at.

This thread was not the place for them.

Posted by Linda Morgan (+580) 14 years ago
I was just replying about Iraq not being a part of 9/11 which it isnt.....Amorette was replying I am quite sure because someone mentioned Iraq before her in the thread.....It is too easy to get the two confused....9/11 is a enormous tragedy and should be remembered as such......nothing more, nothing less......keeping the two separate is important as it is after all a part of our history.....the war in afganistan is about 9/11 and I sure hope some day we can capture that beast Osama Bin Laden......
Posted by Eric Brandt (+844) 14 years ago
It is interesting to note that the death of a few thousand "innocent" people resulted in 10 MILLION Afghan women being able to show their faces in public, go to school, and have jobs outside the home.

I just hope that we remember the tragedy, and remember that with the above result, their deaths were not in vain.
supporter
The only reference whatsoever to Iraq in this thread was the statement that Yance Gray was killed there. To move this thread from memorial (both for 9/11 victims and Yance) to political was unneccessary and just another case of verbal diarrhea.
It is interesting to note that the death of a few thousand "innocent" people resulted in 10 MILLION Afghan women being able to show their faces in public, go to school, and have jobs outside the home

So you use this as justification for the slaughter of 3,000+ VERY innocent civilians?

" the death of a few thousand "innocent" people" Nice to see you just write them off as if they were nothing Eric.

I just hope that we remember the tragedy, and remember that with the above result, their deaths were not in vain.

So with the above statment I suppose you think that the ends justified the means? They weren't soldiers Eric (although from your post one can infer as much) they were people doing what everyone of us does on a daily basis - going to work with a reasonable expectation of going home at the end of the day.