See if this works?
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2603) 7 years ago
My family and I were have dinner at the new hunan tonight at a little after 630. They were struggling a little bit because of being busy but the food was hot and good. In walks 5 high school students from what we heard them talking about being from Broadus. They were all joking and having a bite to eat too. Time comes to pay and half of them take off running out and left. The little older lady tried to catch them but was no help they were gone. Pretty sad that these kids got away with this. There were 3 girls and 2 boys if any one in Broadus could keep an ear open for any word of some teenagers in MC for something and ate Chinese. Just saying it would be nice if their parents knew of what they pulled off while being guests in our town. Sorry for the rant but damn kids now days.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Matt Smith (+787) 7 years ago
I'm kinda surprised at that. Can't say I have ever had a bad dealing with a kid from Broadus.

[This message has been edited by Matt Smith (3/6/2014)]
supporter
Not all bad just some setting bad examples.
Posted by neonfreedom (+295) 7 years ago
There are people wanting to pay the bill on Facebook that are from broadus and was wondering if any of them had a letterman jacket on! If I could there are a lot of questions on facebooks milescity virtual market place

[This message has been edited by neonfreedom (3/7/2014)]
Posted by Raevyn (+5) 7 years ago
I was with that group. I have checked with everyone and they are all certain they paid. However, we all know kids so I will be calling the restaurant tomorrow to double check and settle up if necessary. I apologize for the disturbance and concern and would like to make it clear it will be taken care of. I am the oldest of the group and no longer in high school so I will be taking on the role of ensuring it is all on the up and up. I will post again tomorrow to update.
Thank you
supporter
That is a very nice thing to do to step up to the plate and take the responsibility of making it right with the owners.
It's clearly what needs to happen to stop the threats we are receiving. Hoping to get a receipt faxed! (Fingers crosses) thanks again for your concern. It's not too often people worry about anyone but themselves! Will keep up to date!
Posted by MollieP (+129) 7 years ago
Seems to me it is right with the owners, but hope you get the confusion cleared up. I know you are a good bunch of kids!
Finally contacted new Hunan and all meals were paid for!! Thanks for the concern! I'd like to advise everyone to know facts first to avoid another altercation! Thanks again!
All were paid for at the time to further clarify
Posted by jake ace (+3) 7 years ago
I am sorry you kids had to go through this when cubby could have had the facts to begin with.
Posted by Mary Jane Rogge (+2) 7 years ago
Cubby, I think you owe these kids an apology and maybe a meal at a Chinese restaurant.
Posted by Mandi (+356) 7 years ago
I was there with Cubby, we and others in the restaraunt saw the kids run out the door and the lady chase after them. Then she came back in and said one didnt pay. It is possible she was mistaken and didnt realize until later. That may be the case, however i dont think Cubby owes anyone an apology for trying to make things right for the restaraunt.
Posted by jake ace (+3) 7 years ago
I think Cubby should have let the New Hunan take care of it. Instead Cubby upset some pretty decent kids by putting this on a public forum. Adults need to act older than the kids in situations like this. I still think it would be adult if Cubby apologized to these kids.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8970) 7 years ago
I'm just glad to see that the internet has made it to Broadus...

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (3/7/2014)]
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16491) 7 years ago
It's just a misunderstanding, folks. Everyone had the best of intentions. Maybe one of the students left something behind and the "little older lady" chased them out the door in an effort to return it. Good deeds all around.
supporter
Sorry to all that were involved, my apologies. Glad everything is fine.