Longest February in history
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11610) 7 years ago
I swear, this month is lasting FOREVER. Steve is just finishing up on antibiotics and steroids and I'm starting them. A lens fell out of my glasses and as we were driving back from getting it fixed, we enjoyed a brief and nasty ice storm. Sub-zero temperatures are returning.

Someone tell me something to cheer me up. NOT one of Richard's feghoots. Some genuinely amusing news. Anyone seen the Lego movie? I want to go but not when I am coughing like a consumptive.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2017) 7 years ago
This month the power steering went out on my car. I am having car problems with its computer asit won't unlock the door and says I have a tailight out when I don't. I got a rotten haircut from my long time haircutter. I bought a new PC with Windows 8.1 on it(enough said on that). My cat had an infection. And worst of all I turned 66 today!!!!!
I think I'll have another
founder
supporter
If I weren't on antibiotics, I'd share a hot buttered rum with you. Ain't computers grand?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16723) 7 years ago
Happy Birthday, Tom!

Amorette, I took 5 kids to "The LEGO Movie" over mid-winter break. I think I dozed for the first 30 minutes. In the end it had a worthwhile message and the kids enjoyed it.

Also, Amorette, I have 3 daffodils in my front yard that are bright yellow but the blossoms haven't opened yet. There are numerous other daffodils that are quite tall but aren't quite as close to blooming. If it's any consolation they say Seattle might get a little snow on Sunday.
founder
supporter
oh yeah and we we have about two feet of snow on the ground and it is 2 above. No daffodils in Dakota. LOL
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14884) 7 years ago
This is one of Gunnar's feghoots and I've been given special permission to post it:

With Iowa crows swearing all over the places, the result was statewide caw cusses.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16971) 7 years ago
Blecch.

Here's my tip of the day: go see the movie "Nebraska". Although it's mostly set in it's namesake state, it will remind many of another small town in the upper Great Plains.
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1912) 7 years ago
Based on the weather this morning, this month is not improving. Nor is my cold.

Wretched. Just plain wretched.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6173) 7 years ago
60 degrees here today. Hee. . . Hee. . .
supporter
I hate you. By the way, I was doing 25 years ago and your brother, Kenneth M. Wilson, signed up for the Army. There is some question if that was a typo or does your brother use his middle name.
I still hate you. And David and his daffodils. I hate David and his daffodils. Even though daffodils make me sneeze.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9071) 7 years ago
60 here in Boise as well. You must have a Mormon deficit or something.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (2/24/2014)]
Posted by Wayne White (+263) 7 years ago
24 24 24 24 24
supporter
Posted by Singlead (+111) 7 years ago
It's 80 degrees in Yuma at this moment. The motorhome is getting pretty warm, so will go back out on the patio!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6173) 7 years ago
Yeah Matt goes by his middle name. He's happily living in Missoula now.
supporter
February is just nature's way of making sure we really appreciate Spring.
supporter
GOOD NEWS! Today is the last Tuesday in the longest February in history.

Thanks, Richard. I keep telling myself that. And thanks, Wendy, I suspected as much.
supporter
THE LAST DAY.

Mind you, March is coming about about as roaring and lionlike as it can. I plan to spend as much of the weekend inside as is physically possible.
founder
supporter
Forcast for Minot -20 tonite. High of -15 on Saturday and -25 on Saturday Night. Maybe +5 on Sunday. Roarin' like a lion!!!!
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9071) 7 years ago
This will warm you all up:
supporter
Mind you, March is coming about about as roaring and lionlike as it can.

Actually, we won't know that for sure until we see how March exits to know for sure if this is the lamb or the lion.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16723) 7 years ago
Interesting to note that Redmond is further north than Miles City by more than 1 degree of latitude. 1 degree of latitude is 60 nautical miles.

Redmond Coordinates
47.6694° N, 122.1239° W

Miles City Coordinates
46.4083° N, 105.8400° W

For Amorette:

First signs of Spring 2014 by dave_mcmt, on Flickr

First signs of Spring 2014 crocus by dave_mcmt, on Flickr

This picture doesn't show it very well but this flowering plum tree is very close to blossoming:

founder
supporter
I HATE YOU. Don't tell your mother I said that but I HATE YOU.
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+793) 7 years ago
And March is
coming in like a lion. Thanks for the pictures, David. It gives us hope of warmer days to come.
founder
supporter
The March lion says -26 here in Minot.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16971) 7 years ago
I think we have 3 feet of snow on the ground in Helena. I am running out of room to shovel the snow.
supporter
Here you go, Amorette. Enjoy!

http://www.huffingtonpost...68723.html
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9804) 7 years ago
It's +44 and sunny here at the house this morning.
supporter
Like I said... and I'm headed to NM.
http://milescity.com/foru...13/#332881
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+756) 7 years ago
I guess the snow we are having should be expected. Amorette saw her shadow and now we are seeing how her prediction turns out. Thanks a lot Amorette.
supporter
in like a Lion, out like a bigger Lion.

In 1907, my grandfather got off the train in Phoenix, Arizona. Didn't impress him. No promise. Mind you, this was well before air-conditioning. So he went north and decided to join the Milwaukee and ended up in Miles City.

Guess where he went in the winter once he retired.

Thanks, grandpa.