supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1910) 7 years ago
The USA teams showing at the 2014 Sochi Olympics was pitiful. The women were dead last and the men were second to last. We need to fire up the enthusiasm for curling in this country! In what other sport can grandfathers play with grandchildren on the same team? What other sport can be played with a beer or peppermint Schnapps in hot chocolate in one hand?

CURLING CURLING CURLING :
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16662) 7 years ago
The Swedes and and the Canooks are looking good, though.

Someone explain to me how a tiny little country like the Netherlands are kicking butt in the Olympics.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8985) 7 years ago
It's hateful posts like this that keep me from subscribing to the Star.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2500) 7 years ago
The sounds of Women's Curling...
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16662) 7 years ago
The odd thing about curling is that the women scream, but the men do not. What's up with that?

And why do the &%^$^#@ Chinese spend 5 minutes to plan every shot?
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+756) 7 years ago
It's popular in Whitefish lately. But there's good reason for that.
Gunnar, to be good at an olympic sport a country would have to have ways to promote it, take it seriously and help interested people train hard for success. The Canadians are really into that curling game.
A few weeks ago I visited a new rec center with the nicest indoor splash center, short course pool, hockey rink, curling rink, and billiards floor I've ever seen. All under one roof and it only cost $2 to get in. How do they do it?
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1910) 7 years ago
Men scream, too. I watched the Danish team and the Russians and there was screaming a'plenty.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 7 years ago
Gunnar,
The Dutch are just naturally superior. Go Nederlands!!!!
Posted by heimer (+101) 7 years ago
To speak to Gunnar's question regarding the screaming I submit this possibility: The Olympic Rules Committee requires that each member (individually, not team average)of a participating curling team blow a minimum .08 before taking the ice. This alcohol level may affect the genders differently. Women may be more verbal at that level while men may be at a state of "less talk- more action." This is a general observation and will not be consistent across all cultures, ethnic groups, dietary practices, people groups etc.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8985) 7 years ago
This has turned into probably the dirtiest thread that mc.com has seen in a while...
Posted by j2r (+133) 7 years ago
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14724) 7 years ago
Cue Olive and Kacey in 3..2..1..