Henry R. Wormwood, "Texas Hank", 1852-1881
Posted by Bernard Brown (+13) 5 years ago
OBIT FROM THE DARTFORD, WISCONCIN NEWSPAPER, APRIL, 1881

Henry R. Wormwood, aged 29 years, son of Oliver Wormwood, of this place, died at Miles City, Montana of consumption, March 21. Henry left home nearly fourteen years ago, and went west to grow up with the country. He spent several years on the frontier in Texas and was for years one of the noted rangers of that State. He spent several months here four years since, but could not be content. A frontier life was the life for him.

A CARD OF THANKS, DARTFORD NEWSPAPER, APRIL 24, 1881

To the many in Miles City, Montana who gave such material help and tender care to the late Henry R. Wormwood during his sickness and on his burial, his father, brother and sister would hereby return their most sincere thanks, and feeling themselves unable, personally, to repay such kindness they will ever pray Heaven's blesssings upon those who proved themselves "friends in need."

Oliver Wormwood
George E. Wormwood
Jennie Taylor

Posted with honor by his Great Grand Nephew.
Posted by Michael Simens (+6) 5 years ago
Hi Bernard,

I tried to contact you a few months ago. I have Harvey Faucett's Martini-Henry Rifle given to him by Chaffee who was President of the Providence Tool Company that made and presented Harvey and Hank their guns. Both were gifts for saving his son's (Zechariah Chaffee) life. They guided him from Deadwood, Colorado to the railroad in Nebraska on a perilous journey and they remained lifelong friends. If you'd like to learn more, give me a call. You can find photos of the rifle on my website at www.MichaelSimens.com and reach me from 11am - 8pm eastern time at 440-744-9088.

Kindest Regards,

Michael Simens