Posted by jj&j (+63) 7 years ago
What internet options are available in Miles City. Are any reliable?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 7 years ago
Mid-Rivers and Century Link. They are pretty reliable, maybe not speedy, but reliable.
Where do I contact century link. I just spent 2hrs on my computer this morning,lost my internet connection AGAIN with mid rivers and lost my email I was sending. This Saturday I was going to watch Peirot on my kindle and got the message my internet speed was too slow. I had watched Peirot on Friday fine and this morning it worked because I checked
it so what's with that. Anyone use AT&T, have cell phone with them.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1500) 7 years ago
You might want to visit with the technical support staff at Mid-Rivers and see what they suggest. We've had good success with Mid-Rivers, and the staff has been very helpful in solving any of our problems. We, however, are not gamers, and we use one of the higher speeds.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 7 years ago
I used to have AT&T in . It was spotty at best. I didn't have any signal in the hospital or the Bison. They were supposed to put a new tower up by Pine Hills. Not sure if that happened or not. Verizon is better on the south end of town, but not on the west end or north end.

As MRH suggested, I'd call the Mid-Rivers technical folks.
Have tried that. Two different techs replaced boxes both times. Very nice people but can't solve problem. Not a gamer just email friends and family on laptop and watch some shows on kindle. Frustrating cannot get a reliable signal. Does appear worse in cold weather.
supporter
Posted by Sharlys (+207) 7 years ago
We have Century Link and have no complaints.

https://www.centurylink.com
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+673) 7 years ago
They replaced the box two times they were there,.. is the box a modem/router combo? or do you have a separate router for wifi? Just saying because I have found that chances are after something has been replaced one or two times and the problem still persists, then most likely, the new equipment is not the problem.

If it is a combo unit, then the problem may lie within your computer itself... maybe a bunch of stuff running in the background that doesn't need to be... little things like that, or even the age of the computer and the condition of the built in wifi... if you have an ethernet port, maybe try connecting a cat5 or 6 cable from computer to the modem unit directly and see what happens.

if you have a separate router for wifi, then the problem could be within that, and a trip to walmart to get another one may cure that.

Just some tips to check out.
Posted by Mid-Rivers (+31) 7 years ago
JJ&J,

We are very sorry to hear you are having problems with your Internet service, and would appreciate another opportunity to resolve your problem. Please contact your local Mid-Rivers office at 234-3336 or our 24-hour Technical Assistance Center at 1-800-452-2288 and we will send a technician. We value your business and we do strive to provide the best possible Internet service and customer service in Miles City. We also introduced some new Internet plans during 2013 that may offer you an opportunity to upgrade to a faster speed.

Thank you,

Mid-Rivers Communications
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 7 years ago
Just saying that my computer is on all day, every day...and, the only problems that I had was with Google Chrome being soooo invasive. Once I got rid of it..things are fine. I have never had trouble with MidRivers dumping anything and my computer is really an old timer. Mid Rivers is wonderful...
Thanks for help. Will contact midrivers again. As previously stated techs are very nice, no problems with midrivers personnel at all just want to get an internet that I can rely on. Just a note to Septy laptop is a yr old, ipad less than a yr and kindle is older. Lose connection on all three at same time so do not think it can be devices but do appreciate your input. Not tech savvy at all I,m afraid, just frustrated.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+673) 7 years ago
Sorry I couldnt help more... but one bright spot is that your devices are pretty newish, and that means most likely whatever the issue is.. it is one of those "simple fix but hard to find at first" type of things
supporter
sponsor
Posted by atomicg (+1010) 7 years ago
When my wife and I got iPhones we started experiencing internet issues that would cause us to constantly have to reset our router. Mid Rivers was constantly doing something in our alley, nearly every day so I assumed they were the culprits. I bought a new router and haven't looked back. The iPhones are 802.11n and the old router was 802.11g. New router is 802.11AC which supports high speeds and runs a separate channel for our wireless g devices as well. Huge difference.

All I'm trying to say is you might have a weak link in your high speed chain. Router, modem, or possibly a lower speed device (or even higher speed device) throwing things off for the rest of the network. I would troubleshoot hardware or consider a higher speed connection overall, regardless of either company.

I cursed Mid Rivers for quite a while and feel silly about it now that everything works fine.

[This message has been edited by atomicg (2/11/2014)]

[This message has been edited by atomicg (2/12/2014)]