1989 Cookie Cook-Off and Mary Bonine
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11902) 8 years ago
Members of the Prairie Scooters 4-H Club spent Sunday afternoon at the Sacred Heart High School home ec room exercising their best cookie recipes. It was their first try at an event done by 17 years by the former Signal Butte 4-H Club, several of whose members joined the Scooters after their club ceased operation. The event was organized by junior leader Mary Bonine.

Her candy bar cookies also won an award. Jonathan Bonine competed but did not place.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 8 years ago
Ah yes, the notorious Candy Bar cookie recipe... Yummers! You haven't lived until you've had a candy bar cookie, made by my mom. These were a staple around our house. I haven't had one in years. Mary's were very good as well.
Posted by Mary Bonine (+31) 8 years ago
Talk about a flashback! I still love those cookies and I've even done variations on that recipe. It's good with cinnamon and raisins; also with chocolate and mint instead of peanut butter.
supporter
Posted by Becky Gergen (+420) 8 years ago
Betty Randall and I were the organizational leaders of the Prairie Scooters 4-H Club when Mary organized this cookie cook-off. Mary was an outstanding 4-H member along with her brothers.