Iphone 5s or the Galexy s3
Posted by neonfreedom (+291) 6 years ago
Im thinking about upgrading my phone and need honest opinions!
** would u rather get the iphone 5s or the galexy s3, and maybe give some real pros and cons to each phone!
Please no unnesasary cmments! Thank u all in advance!
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14506) 6 years ago
I have been an consumer of Apple products for many years. I have an iPhone 5. Apple ruined it with IOS 7, and given those changes, I would take a Galaxy S3 or S4 any day of the week. The Galaxy has many features that IOS 7 just doesn't match. The layout is cleaner and simpler. The keyboard on the Galaxy is MUCH easier to text from (I HATE what they did to the keyboard in IOS 7). Honestly, I'd buy a Nokia Windows smart phone before I'd buy another iPhone. It's that bad.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9925) 6 years ago
neonfreedom wrote:
would u rather get the iphone 5s or the galexy s3

Neither. I'd get one of the Nokia Lumia phones.

http://www.nokia.com/

Probably the Nokia Lumia 1020:

http://www.nokia.com/us-e...lumia1020/

Why? Best camera in any phone, best UI, built-in Microsoft Office apps, wireless charging, etc.
Posted by MeganBowles (+59) 6 years ago
Honestly the only good part about my Iphone is that it syncs with my Ipad and Macbook automatically. For that reason I have come to love it....I am a die hard apple user so that helps too. Good luck!
Thank u all for everything,its very much appreciated !
Posted by Elaine Nichols (+38) 6 years ago
Definitely the S-3. I love Samsung phones, and have had both the Galaxy S-1 and 2. I will probably upgrade soon to a Galaxy Note 3.
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+76) 6 years ago
I have both an iphone5 and a Galaxy S4. Both are great phones but I prefer my Galaxy S4 by far.
Thank u all for the replys! Admin can u please delete this post!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9925) 6 years ago
neonfreedom wrote:
Thank u all for the replys! Admin can u please delete this post!

That's not the way public discussions work.
Thats okay,im fine with it being up then,all the extra info i still get with the topic is great!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15993) 6 years ago
my cusin argonliberty tels me iphones arre boss!!!:
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 6 years ago
My two cents:

Everyone has a reason they need an android device, such as the Galaxy, or an iOS device such as the 5s. I personally have chosen to use an iPhone for the past 4 years now, and haven't looked back. I love the changes with iOS 7, and because I am a developer for Apple I have access to the iOS 7.1 beta, which improves on iOS 7. The simplicity of the user interface is what draws me, and I do not wish to change every little thing, nor do I wish to have applications not work as intended due to every device not being supported fully by that application. Yes, there are issues with iOS, but there are 10 more on android for every one I encounter on iOS.

My opinion, if you are not a geek or someone who needs a screen the size of a sandwich... Go for an iPhone. There is a much better ecosystem for support than there is on android.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I currently have the 16GB iPhone 5s, and have had every iPhone from the iPhone 4 on.

[This message has been edited by Josh Rath (2/5/2014)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+10992) 6 years ago
On the AP today, there was a brief about someone young woman's iPhone catching fire in her trousers' pocket. If that concerns you.
supporter
Posted by brady (+236) 6 years ago
go with your heart. you got it down to 2 phones. With iPhone 5s has a thumb or finger print reader and also if you had one all you contacts transfer over once you get in your account. I believe the other phone does the same with the contacts. most all phone are good I had LG phones (not smart phones). They work great and now I have iPhone 4s and it ok. I would be in the same feet you are in now the cell carrier said that the iPhone 5 was come out I should wait and now I be in the same way for the iPhone 6 if I choose to get the iPhone or I will go back to the LG. good luck on choosing your phone.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14506) 6 years ago
What apps are you developing, Josh? Have you owned any Android devices?
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 6 years ago
I have a few but I'm not speaking of what they do at the moment Richard, sorry. I have owned many android devices, but disliked them all due to the OS.

Amorette, the reason the devices do that is mainly due to people putting them in the rear pocket, sitting on them, and flexing/cracking the battery pack inside the device. It's user error. If it was a major issue, everyone would have exploding phones. Plus, this child was 13 years old. Shouldn't even have a phone like that yet in my opinion.