Airport Inn not honoring a reservation
Posted by mjc (+20) 7 years ago
Last week,a birthday party reservation was made on Thursday noon for Sunday afternoon. We realized the time was after we would be closed for employee Christmas party. Started calling the number provided at 10 am on Friday. Tried all day Friday and Saturday. Tried sending texts and left messages. Last message was left on Sunday am. The guy was asked why he didn't check his phone. Then they trashed us. We made every effort possible to contact you.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17331) 7 years ago
And now you trash them! Very old testament. Are you a Republican?
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 7 years ago
I am confused. Were you unable to cancel the reservation? Were you unable to get through to the Airport Inn? Were you calling the regular number? Did this cost you money? Or were you unable to make or change a reservation? I am baffled because I have never had trouble calling the regular number, nor has anyone at the Airport Inn ever, in 50 years, been anything but polite, helpful and downright nice.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+674) 7 years ago
I think it was Airport Inn trying to contact the customer...

They realized the problem and did their best to contact the customer who made the reservation to inform them...

That's what I got from it
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17055) 7 years ago
All this talk about the Airport Inn is making me hungry.
banned
Posted by NDJ (+144) 7 years ago
I am sorry Amorette.But did you read the eintire post?
supporter
Posted by John Morford (+342) 7 years ago
Ha Ha!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 7 years ago
I have run into young people (I am old and crochety) who only respond to text messages. That way, they can screen old fogies from their hip friends. Lots of folks use communication devices to avoid communication.

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (1/11/2014)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 7 years ago
Lots of folks use communication devices to avoid communication.

That need's to be on a bumpersticker or something.
supporter
Posted by Grandma Hoopy (+143) 7 years ago
Amorette, you are not old, you are younger than I am and I am not old. The Airport Inn rocks and always has.
Posted by wilmajean (+39) 7 years ago
Mmmmmmm, pizza!! ....and finger steaks.
banned
Would they honor the A&S Reservation?
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5095) 7 years ago
I never understood the allure of the finger steak. *ducking*

But their pizza is outstanding.
banned
If they were a oriental resteaurant what would the finger steaks be made out of?
supporter
If they were a oriental resteaurant what would the finger steaks be made out of?

They're not an oriental "resteaurant"... so it doesn't really matter now, does it?
banned
Did you see the word "If"? I reread and it is still there.
supporter
sigh
banned
Well it excusable richard,as you may have missed that first word.But I learned reading and comprehension in grade school.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 7 years ago
But, unfortunately, not spelling.
banned
What language would you like it spelt in Wendy?I need that goon thing that richard uses to punctuate here.I can spell wurds in several languages Wendy.Misspelling a werd is one thing,inability to comprehend is another.
Posted by poisonspaghetti (+281) 7 years ago
"What language would you like it hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe in Wendy?"
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 7 years ago
Ew, that's vaguely disturbing.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+763) 7 years ago
OK, I guess I'll just have a quick draft beer and head down the hill. It's kinda creepy here, didn't use to be like that.
banned
I figured someone would pick up on speltz.We grew it when I was a kid.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17331) 7 years ago
Poor Bob. The finger steak is a wonderful thing.

Friday night I fixed elk finger steaks for dinner. They were as good as it gets.
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 7 years ago
How about ending this post on a good note. I worked with the Airport Inn for our class reunion. They were amazing. They had my phone number and called me with any questions and I called them. It's called communication.

The woman who made the reservation called during noon hour. As soon as they realized the restaurant would be closed at that time they tried to call her back and tell her they could not do the birthday party. It was the same day.

IF she had bothered to answer her phone she would have known within a couple of hours that the Airport Inn would be closed at that time. But she did not answer her phone despite repeated phone calls for several days including the morning of the "reservation".

To blame the Airport Inn is simply childish behavior.

The Airport Inn has been a wonderful business in Miles City for over 50 years. They have always done their best for everyone and deserve our thanks for providing so much good food and service for so long.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17055) 7 years ago