2014 MLB Hall Of Fame
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 7 years ago
Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame on July 27. Maddux and Glavine, a pair of 300-game winners who pitched the bulk of their careers for the Braves, were the favorites, but the 571 voters outdid themselves by also adding Thomas. It was the first time since 1999, when Robin Yount, Nolan Ryan and George Brett were elected, that the writers put three first-time eligibles into the Hall.
Also managers Joe Torre,Bobby Cox and Tony La Russa
admin
founder
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 7 years ago
I think the juicers and gamblers should be in.

They don't keep drug addicts out of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, do they?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 7 years ago
Gunnar
I agree. The RNR Hall of Fame would be empty. As to MLB HOF maybe they should asterik the juicers like they did Roger Maris in the record books. My opinion is that they will get in through the old timers section which means at least 20 years from their first year of elgibility.
When Bud Selig retires Pete Rose will get in. Let's see the all time homerun leader and the all time hits leader are not in. Maybe Seling will have Cy Young's body exhumed and have it tested for drugs.
As to Edgar Martinez, I think the first step to getting a DH in was that Frank Thomas got in. He spent a lot of time as a DH. I saw an interview with him yesterday and he said he was in the lineup to hit and be on base. With him getting in a David Ortiz looming in the future, I think Martinez will get in. The other problem is the log jam of great players becoming eligible. I think this years group is great and looking forward to watching the induction ceremony in July.

[This message has been edited by Tom Masa (1/9/2014)]
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 7 years ago
Tom Masa wrote:
As to Edgar Martinez, I think the first step to getting a DH in was that Frank Thomas got in. He spent a lot of time as a DH. I saw an interview with him yesterday and he said he was in the lineup to hit and be on base. With him getting in a David Ortiz looming in the future, I think Martinez will get in.

Good point!
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+375) 7 years ago
The MLB Hall-Of-Fame used to be on my bucket list.You could offer me an expenses paid trip there and unless I could sell the package,I'd refuse.Until Pete Rose is in,I'm stayin' out.