Happy New Year Miles City!!!!!
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+765) 8 years ago
Here is wishing everybody a better year, may 2014 find everyone happy, healthy and prosperous.

My resolution is to look forward, not back, and to see the cup 1/2 full.

My wish is for everyone to give a hand up to the people you meet.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by 007 (+167) 8 years ago
Happy New Year to all.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3708) 8 years ago
Tim, I'm with you. My hope is do what I can to put an end to irrational fear.

I think I know why images and thoughts of peace have been on my mind. They remind me of the idiocy that went along with the seventies. They remind me of a time that people were sentenced to life imprisonment for the possession of a single joint. Today, January 1, 2014, the retail sale of marijuana becomes legal in Colorado. I'm not going to rush out and buy some. It has never been my style. As a matter of fact, I haven't smoked pot since the seventies. Yes, I inhaled but it just wasn't something that made me feel like a criminal.

I was still able to buy all of the liquor that I wanted and I could always find the illegal substances that I favored. The combination of the two even gave me my first heart attack and managed to kill several members of my family.

As a society we still manage to live in fear. Fear that some administration will take away someones precious guns, fear of other cultures, other religions. I don't know why we fear our fellow travelers on planet earth. I don't know why we are afraid that we won't get all of the oil, or power or that we won't win. I don't even know what the prize is. I do think that the fear of marijuana was just one example of many irrational fears.

Let's hope that 2014 can put an end to fear and media distractions. Make it a happy New Year. Get outside more, read a good book, think globally and screw those Nazi's in Leath ND. After all they are hard to love.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3266) 8 years ago
Happy New Year to all. I do enjoy milescity.com. Very fun to read the opinions and throw a few in here and there. I do have a resolution...and, my plan is to read Thomas Cahill's "The Hinges of History" series starting with, "How the Irish Saved Civilization" the Untold Story of Ireland's Heroic Role from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of Medieval Europe. I am wondering if anyone has read his books and have a comment. Again...have a very Happy 2014!!!
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+1994) 8 years ago
Hopefully, no one else got caught on camera in their silly head gear!

banned
Posted by NDJ (+138) 8 years ago
The Irish,who have been and are badly,for lack of the proper word,have been badly maligned,oppressed and discriminated against throughout history.Without Ireland it is possible the dark ages could still be alive.In a world of chaos the Irish quietly cached civilization and saved it for the world.
Posted by Bill and Mary Coughlin (+7) 8 years ago
Yes Happy New Year Miles City!!! I just wanted to look back a few years, 35 to be exact, I carved my last breakfast buffet at the annual Doc and Det Balsam Breakfast on Jan. 1, 1979. What great memories.