Lemmons---Kenmore
Posted by DebC (+78) 8 years ago
Your probably wondering why the subject is lemmons. A couple of years ago we remodled a home we just purchased. We were stupid enough to go to Billings to buy our major appliances. We looked around and ended up at Sears,bought a new dishwasher, stove, and refridgerator. The dishwasher lasted 1 year and 1 week when it died a horrible death, at least that is how it sounded. Would have cost about as much as new so we went to Ace this time, bought a new one it has been good. That left us with the other 2 the stove 2 years after purchase had what they refer to as a run away temp. Gee dont know why they think that it ONLY went from 350 degrees to 625 in a few minutes. Ok had the pad replaced at a cost of 270.00, Sears did not come down as i would have been charged mileage at that time and we figured it would be about as expensive to buy a new one. WE should have done that. I did find a local guy that used to work for sears and he fixed it. That fix lasted 2 years and then the roast i was cooking became a crispy critter---. Called sears they said now they have a protection warranty they could sell me for 250.00 thats all the whole thing would cost. OK (They then took from my account 259.00. now it wasnt the extra 9 dollors really, More of the principle of it, and it is illegal.I called got the run around put on music hold for 45 minutes then cut off, so nice. Same thing second time I called. But the appointment had been made. This all happend in early November, and they could not get out to the house until the Thursday after Thanksgiving. We ate out. Now Christmas is approching, he had ordered parts, told me to call when I got them and they would come out and fix my stove, he promised before christmas as I have company coming. I called as soon as I got notification from UPS they were to be delivered the next day, which they were, but I called the day I got the notification. Run around, more hold, more transfers, then told the only date it can be fixed is December 26th???????????????????????????????? I asked to speak to supervisor and was rudely told I would get the same answer. Well after I wanted to really reach through the phone and rip their head off and spit down their throat, I decided to call the Billings Sears. get a gal she says let her work her majic, she would make sure it was fixed before christmas.(yeah right) 3 days later i get the call. December 26th. Keep in mind it is now 7 weeks later and numerous dealings with totally incompetent people I had had it. They were a wee bit rude as well. So the end of the story is my husband took the parts and it is fixed, but one of these days when you are driving down a street and you see a stove, dishwasher, and maybe a fridg with huge permant lemmons affixed you will know what it is about. The moral of this story is never by any type of appliance from sears and you too will end up with lemmons they are not in a hurry to fix. Have a merry christmas all.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 8 years ago
I don't think Jack Lemmon had anything to do with this.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17158) 8 years ago
Here's a website that allows you to identify which manufacturer built your Sears/Kenmore appliance based on model number:

http://www.appliance411.c...ears.shtml
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1610) 8 years ago
Sears grew into a huge company, and the problems grew with them. Unfortunately, it does seem that they are destined to lose their reputation as the company that stands behind their products with a red carpet service fleet. You can read online the hundreds of complaints they incur.

Their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sears

The service scheduling delays are enormous. The company is relaxing on a history that people believe there is strength in the "Blue Service Crew". But, the delays in scheduling appointments clearly reveal that there is an attempt to control costs by minimizing the labor pool.

There is little reason to choose Sears for appliances today unless you find an extremely good deal. Otherwise, if service is important to you, shop elsewhere.

FH
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 8 years ago
Or you could join the group on facebook....Searssucks...
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11786) 8 years ago
The Sears/Kmart conglomerate was, until very recently, run by a hedge fund manager who specialized in property management. He fired employees and closed stores because, hey!, all he cared about were the PROPERTIES.
Like the moran who ran "JCP", until he got a very big boot for driving the company into near bankruptcy, he had no retail experience and didn't care if those properties were occupied by retailers.
I suspect both companies (which are actually one, The Sears Holding Company, the names says it all) will be doing some major changes in the near future because Hedge Fund Boy is gone.
Posted by Winslow (+390) 8 years ago
I have found the Sears appliances are no better or worse than any other manufacturer out there. Prior to buying my appliances I did a lot of research and there are few appliances out there if any that are problem free. Appliances aren't made to last anymore. Last year, I tried to get a Whirlpool dishwasher (still under warranty) fixed and Ace worked on it but never fixed the problem....still doesn't wash dishes worth a hoot.
I have found if there is an extended warranty available - buy it. I always buy the Sears warranty and they provide service once a year to check and clean the appliance, or if anything goes wrong with at any time they send out a service tech. They will replace literally ANYTHING that goes wrong with the appliance. Mad at your spouse - just kick in the door of your dishwasher.....Sears extended warranty will replace the door no questions asked.
Posted by bh (+186) 8 years ago
I have had several instances of very poor customer service from Sears. The were from a while ago since I haven't set foot in a Sears or bought anything from them for over twenty plus years. It looks like they can't seem to learn that in any busines customer service can be your biggest asset.