2014 Donation Drive
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9995) 7 years ago
Hi Everyone,

MilesCity.com has been online since 1998, has featured spirited public discussion forums since 2000, and has been a user-supported website since 2010. It also hosts select non-profit sites (such as Let's Talk Miles City and the Waterworks Art Museum), provides a place to help find lost pets, has free classified ads, helps promote local businesses, and more.

Over the last year (Dec 6th 2012 - Dec 6th 2013) MilesCity.com has served almost 7 million pages (6,960,917) to over 2 hundred thousand unique visitors (201,779). In that time, it tallied over 1 million total visits (1,046,456) -- mostly to residents of the State of Montana (709,555). [Source: Google Analytics]

This amount of traffic is larger than that of many sites serving much larger audiences. To do it is not cheap. The cost to keep everything running, currently amounts to about $300+ per month -- thus the reason for this post.

If you appreciate the services that this site provides to the greater Miles City, Montana community, no matter where you currently reside, please click the link below and make a contribution (in any amount) today to help ensure its continued existence.

MilesCity.com relies upon the support of people like you and every little bit helps.

http://milescity.com/donate

Thanks from the MilesCity.com staff!
supporter
Posted by Gene (+221) 7 years ago
Donated; thanks
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2017) 7 years ago
Ditto
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11610) 7 years ago
Done and done.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3195) 7 years ago
To Webmaster...Does Paypal let you know right away?
admin
founder
Jeri Dalbec wrote:
To Webmaster...Does Paypal let you know right away?

Yes, I receive a notification, but I'm not always at or using my computer - so it may take a few hours or so to credit the account of the person donating.
admin
founder
Many thanks to Gene, Tom, Amorette, Jeri and others who have donated so far. Kudos. We still have a long ways to go though, so if you're considering supporting the site for 2014 and haven't yet, please take a moment to do so. As mentioned above, you can donate any amount - doesn't matter how much. You'll get a shiny little trophy icon next to your name and won't have to look at the donation landing page for the entire year.

http://milescity.com/donate

Regards, Larry Antram
MilesCity.com Webmaster
admin
founder
Bump, since there's been very little participation towards the new year.
supporter
Posted by Singlead (+111) 7 years ago
I don't have Paypal to send you a donation for your website. Do you have the same mailing address as last year? I sent money snail-mail last year and will do the same this year. Thank you.
admin
founder
Sure. Same address will work (as long as it is the one in CA). Thanks!