What do real Christmas trees go for?
Posted by A S Miles (+85) 8 years ago
We have had fake treks for many years now, and since the most allergic ones no longer live under our roof we are thinking we might want a real tree again. Anyone know what an approximately 5' tree went for last year?
Posted by whitneyann (+270) 8 years ago
I think ours was 5 ft last year and we bought it from Dave Thompson, so I am sure we overpaid, lol. But we spent 60. You can go to blm, get a permit and a map and cut one down yourself for much cheaper!
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3708) 8 years ago
They tend to get very cheap around Christmas eve.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17407) 8 years ago
In late November or early December of 1989 I was working at the Bridger View Conoco which was on N 7th Street in Bozeman, just south of I-90 at the 7th St. interchange/exit.

A guy from Washington state pulled into the gas station one evening in a pickup that was stacked to the moon with Christmas trees and pulling a small trailer (8-10 ft) that was similarly stacked. He was on his way to Texas to sell his trees.

Somewhere not too far back down the road the wheel had fallen off of his trailer. He drug the trailer sans wheel all the way to the gas station. The backing plate behind the wheel had been ground down to a half circle.

The guy wanted to leave his trailer at the gas station but I declined. He ultimately pulled the trailer onto the onramp for eastbound I-90 and abandoned it there.

That guy was selling trees cheaply that night.
Posted by whitneyann (+270) 8 years ago
We went and got a tree today, had to drive about 40 miles, but the kids had fun and the permit cost us 5 bucks. And another family tradition for the books!
Posted by Union Hall (+63) 8 years ago
I think they are in the 50-60 dollar price range.