Cat/Griz Game
Posted by TDF (+156) 6 years ago
Am wondering where in Miles City I can view the Cat/Griz Game on TV. I do know it will be aired at the VFW. Anywhere else?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14076) 6 years ago
Likely on every TV that has access to Root Sports, which includes most of the bars.

GO CATS!!!!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14260) 6 years ago
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+749) 6 years ago
Cats lose....28-14
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14076) 6 years ago
Not a good day for cats, either "Bob" or "Wild". On a brighter note the Wyoming Cowboys pulled out a 59-56 overtime win over Hawaii who is now 0-11.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+2932) 6 years ago
A good place to note that Bobby Hauck's UNLV team won their 6th game and is now in "Bowl Status", according to the announcer. Also..great for BH's job.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13658) 6 years ago
A better thing to note is that THE GRIZZLIES TOTALLY WIPED THEIR REAR ENDS TODAY WITH BEIGE-COLORED FUR, THE KIND THAT CAN ONLY BE STRIPPED FROM THE BUTTOCKS OF A LESSER FORM OF WILD CAT THAT IS KNOWN TO EXIST IN THIS STATE!!!!!!!

....and I am only an Oredigger fan.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1907) 6 years ago
Gunnar is channeling muley.

I could see this coming. The Griz have been playing good ball, the Cats mediocre-to-poor.

Good luck to the Griz. I think they have the balance to make a great playoff run.

And thanks to Denarius and other Cat seniors for helping to elevate the Cat's football program. I think McGee and company were a little too dinged up at the end.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1831) 6 years ago
NDSU defeats SD 42-0. Undefeated for the regular season and two time defending national champion.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5040) 6 years ago
NDSU loses 24 seniors this year, many of them starters. Hopefully they'll suck next year, but I wouldn't count on it.

Smart move by the Big Sky not to let the Bison in, as they'd be getting their asses kicked on a regular basis.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1907) 6 years ago
I can also see NDSU moving up to the BCS(or whatever its going to be called).
supporter
NDSU has the money and resources to move up. They would likely have to improve their facilities - the Fargo Dome is not big enough or nice enough for an FBS team.

The logical fit for NDSU would be the Mid-American Conference. This year's team would be in the top half of the MAC. Of course, many idiot Bison fans think they could beat Alabama this year.

I haven't heard any chatter from Fargo about a move up, so I don't think anything is imminent.
supporter
NDSU are in the number one spot...and, the Griz in number 8, if you did not watch ESPNU this morning. The first 8 teams have a bye and will play in their own stadiums the next weekend. Imagine there will be a chart..just have not looked.
supporter
Just found this...the Griz will play the winner of the Coastal Carolina and Bethune Cookman game. The will play in Montana on Dec. 7, at 12:00 p.m.
founder
supporter
I have heard quite a bit about a move up for NDSU. But as you say they would need a bigger stadium and there is more talk of that. But with the mess on flood diversion and the state being so tight on the billions in the coffers, I don't think it will happen.
I watched the 24 seniors come out yesterday and thought the same thing but they do have a lot of good players coming back. RB Rocket Crockett and LBs Little John and Travis Beck are outstanding. I think it will all depend on the QB,Carson Wentz and the younger WRs and the defensive line replacements. I think the Missouri Valley Conference is probably the strongest in the country. I too would have liked to see the Bison in the Big Sky with UND and the Montana schools. NDSU is to play Montana on 9/6/2014 but I heard that may not come off because ESPN wants the game moved to earlier date for a showcase game and NDSU doesn't want to because they open with Iowa State and would be short on prep time. Haven't heard much on that lately.
founder
supporter
I see that there is a chance that NDSU and Montans could meet in this years Quarterfinal round on Dec 13-14. Both teams drew byes and have their first games on Dec 7

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs

[This message has been edited by Tom Masa (11/24/2013)]
supporter
Thank you for the bracket link, Tom.
supporter
Some idiot who used to post on this forum posted the following about NDSU in 2010:

NDSU only had 6 fcs wins. Then again one of their non-fcs wins was Kansas, so I guess that helped.

Still shocked a team like that gets in before UM.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Wonder what he'll think when UM gets clowned in Fargo on Dec. 14.

supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13658) 6 years ago
I certainly hope said idiot is not a blood relation of mine.
supporter
Gunnar:

Nope. The Mule Deer did not post this.

I hope against all hope that the Griz go to Fargo and open a can on the Bison.

But I know better.

It's as likely as Kenny "The Sodbuster" Jay winning a wrestling match...