Search for Dogs dumped & abandoned by owner
Posted by Diane Grutkowski (+207) 6 years ago
Posting for a friend:
Friday the 18th of October, 2 dogs were taken out to the country & dropped off by the side of the road & left.

The first dog is a medium sized dog about the size of a Sharpei.He was dumped near the Matthews Recreation Area in Yellowstone valley. His name is Bubba and he is a short haired white terrier mix with black markings & a noticeable overbite. He is at least 8 or 9 years old. He belonged to Cindy West who recently passed away.

The other dog was dumped at or near 12 mile dam. Her name is Pepper and she is 7 years old. Pepper was found running down Highway 59 near Tongue River turnoff. She was trying to get home.

Cindy's husband, Jim Bob West & a companion drove these 2 helpless pets out to the country and left them so that he would no longer have to care for them. Cindy loved her dogs & would be heartbroken at what has happened to them.

The PD & sheriff"s office has been notified but we are asking everyone to please watch for Bubba. Please notify anyone who travels around Matthews Rec. area in Yellowstone valley. If possible please pick up or contact the MC Police Dept or Custer Co. Sherrif's office.

[This message has been edited by Diane Grutkowski (10/22/2013)]
Posted by ellie may (+471) 6 years ago
what kind of dog was dumped on tongue River Road? Did they find it? there was a dog found out there by someone else that I know.
Posted by Kacey (+3162) 6 years ago
Wow...what jerks! I hope someone finds this poor pup. It's bad enough to lose your human but to be thrown out like garbage is just unthinkable!
Got a report last night that Bubba showed up at someone's house and attempts are being made to catch him. He is not allowing anyone to get too close, but he is very hungry and that may be helpful in the capturing process. I am anxious to hear good news today.
The other dog was found on Hwy 59 by the Tongue River turn off.
Are there new owners for these poor pups?
No. I'm guessing they will end up at the pound and then.......
supporter
Posted by annie221 (+259) 6 years ago
Who wants the dog found on on Hwy 59 by Tongue River Road?
Posted by Olive (+1744) 6 years ago
The live trap is still empty, will put fresh chicken strips in trap tomorrow morning hopefully Bubba will go in the trap tonight and eat the chicken strips, hamburger patty, canned cat food, and some canned dog food Hope I hear from the people where he keeps going that he is in the trap tonight or in the morning. Will keep trying till he is caught.
I hope someone steps up and takes them. Time for them to be loved and cared for again.
Posted by lucym (+32) 6 years ago
Whats happened to the people who dumped them?
A big heartfelt THANK YOU to Laura for her tenacity in trying to capture little Bubba. If anyone can get the job done it is her.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13661) 6 years ago
This supports one of my long-held theories that if your mother names you "Jim Bob", no good will come of it.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6167) 6 years ago
Ditto Bubba, even if you are just a dog.
supporter
Posted by annie221 (+259) 6 years ago
Have the female dog, Pepper, if someone is interested in her. I can't keep her. She is sweet and house broken, just a little nervous after being dumped. Good with other dogs.
Posted by luvlife (+288) 6 years ago
Heartbreaking to read this---what in the world is wrong with these idiots? This is total abuse! Do these men get a fine for this? Thank the good Lord for the people who have the wonderful hearts to take time to try hard to save these helpless animals and find homes. These poor dogs must be so lost---losing their owner from passing away---and, then---just being dumped to fend for themselves??? I hope they fine these fools!
Posted by Olive (+1744) 6 years ago
Still trying to live trap Bubba the white short haired terrier mix with black markings dumped out at Matthews Recreation Area in the Yellowstone Valley The lady who was seeing him at her house has not seen him for a couple of days He may have moved to a different area, If anyone in the Matthews Recreation Area or Yellowstone Valley area has a white short haired terrier mix coming to their property please call me at 1-406-560-2102 so I can come set my live trap I will keep my trap set in the area he was seen for a few more day, maybe he will come back to that ladies house again. Any help or information would be appreciated Thanks for any help in locating Bubba