2014 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2002) 7 years ago
Its that time of year again. The nominees are in.

To refresh memories last year (2013)inductees were:
Rush,Heart,Randy Newman,Public Enemy,Donna,Summer,Albert King,Lou Adler & Quincy Jones

2014 Nominees are:
The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Chic
Deep Purple
Peter Gabriel
Hall and Oates
Kiss
LL Cool J
The Meters
Nirvana
N.W.A.
The Replacements
Linda Ronstadt
Cat Stevens
Link Wray
Yes
The Zombies

A few notables not nominated:
Bon Jovi,Joan Jett,Cheap Trick,Moody Blues,Joe Cocker,The Monkees

You can vote at http://www.rockhall.com/. Inductees will be announced in February 2014.

Early voting shows Kiss and Nirvana leading, followed by Deep Purple, Peter Gabriel, Hall & Oates and Linda Ronstadt.

My picks are:
Linda Ronstadt-Always a favorite of mine. Hard to believe she is not in already as her contemporaries are.

Kiss-Also a favorite.

Nirvana- A shoo in

Cat Stevens-Another one that should have been in

LET THE ARGUING BEGIN!!!!!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16505) 7 years ago
If this isn't some of the best of rock and roll then I don't know what is. (I think I saw Greg Brady in the audience! )

founder
Posted by David Schott (+16505) 7 years ago
Oh yeah, now here is some groovy violin:

Posted by Forsyth Mike (+479) 7 years ago
Cheap Trick is another one of those bands that has been steadily gettin' it done for all these years but never broke through to "superstar" status despite having some top ten singles. I never understood why they weren't more popular, because they sounded great then and still do today. They have a few songs that are absolute classics ("I Want You To Want Me," "Surrender," "The Flame," "Gonna Raise Hell" and others) and still put on a terrific live show. Rick Nielsen is a fine songwriter and guitarist, and Robin Zander's voice is unchanged after all these years.

I hope they get nominated someday; I'm not holding my breath, but the fact they're on a few "not yet nominated" lists might mean they're getting closer!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 7 years ago
I don't think a day went by when someone didn't play that Deep Purple riff during band.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14728) 7 years ago
Smoke on the water
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16663) 7 years ago
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+756) 7 years ago
Deep Purple rocked the blues like nobody before or after. Listen to "Lazy" again, see if you agree. 'You don't want no money, you don't want no bread...'
supporter
Posted by Union Hall (+63) 7 years ago
Interesting group to go into the hall this year. I definitely see a few that I don't agree with and a few that are no brainers.
founder
supporter
Only the nominees have been announced. The actual performers to be inducted will be announced later this month. With the induction to be held in April 2014.

Go>Linda Ronstadt Kiss Nirvana
founder
supporter
Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees for 2014 just announced:

Kiss
Linda Ronstadt
Nirvana
Hall & Oates
Peter Gabriel
Cat Stevens

Ahmet Ertegum Lifetime Achivement Award
Andrew Loog Oldham
Brian Epstein

Award for Music Excellence
The E Street Band

A great group to be inducted. The ceremony should be wild with Kiss and the E Street Band. Its too bad that Linda Ronstadt will no longer be able to sing. I heard that the Eagles will induct her. Also no Kurt Cobain, maybe McCartney will fill in.
supporter
Metallica entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2009, the second year they were eligible and first year they were nominated. Nirvana are entering the Hall this year, the first year they have been eligible, a decision Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich supports, but he still has some hopes for one artist who has been eligible for two decades now. "I'm not gonna get into the politics or all that stuff, but I got two words to say: 'Deep Purple,'" he tells Rolling Stone – repeatedly. "That's all I have to say: Deep Purple. Seriously, people, 'Deep Purple,' two simple words in the English language. But definitely, Nirvana is a no-brainer for the first year and I'm glad that Kiss is getting the long-overdue recognition that they deserved for everything that they pioneered, and then I got two words, 'Deep Purple!' Did I say that already?"
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+289) 7 years ago
Until Deep Purple is in, the Rock & Roll Hall of Shame is dead to me. Donna Summer has a spot, but no Deep Purple? They really need to figure out who they are. And soon...........
founder
supporter
I agree Deep Purple should be in. I was looking forward to this years induction show but it seems like it will be a zoo. With KISS not performing and arguing who should be inducted as KISS. It is stupid what the RNRHOF does. They inducted my favorite the Grateful Dead in with anyone who played in the band at anytime. Which included 4 different organ players, 2 female singers and a song writer who did not play with the band. KISS wants all 7 who has played as KISS to be inducted although 3 do not want to attend. Oh well at least they got in. Hopefully Deep Purple, Steve Miller, Joan Jett next year
supporter
And, all though they are not rock and roll, open up this link for 32 minutes of killer funk:

https://www.youtube.com/w...o0FzQqKYKQ

If Donna Summers, ABBA, and Linda Rondstadt are in, then the freakin' Meters should be in.